Malphite is a powerful (rock solid) tanky League of Legends champion. He is also one of those versatile champions when it comes to choosing a lane. Malphite can support, play top lane, and jungle. You may also catch him mid lane. While he is a tank, he does have good AP scaling. Hence, he has a lot of potential in other roles outside of tank/support. In this article, we teach you how to effectively counter Malphite while playing on Summoners Rift.
Table of Contents
Best Malphite Counter Picks (Top)
Malphite Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Malphite, you can finally counter pick Malphite in any matchup. Let's take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Malphite. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Malphite. After all, if you know how to play against Malphite, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Malphite in a lane.
Malphite's passive will never regenerate. Scrap Shield blocks his Q harass. Rumble doesn't need Attack Speed and can easily kill him while knocked up.
- Use Shen's Q to permanently keep Malphite's passive on cooldown. Shen has hp regen and Malphite doesn't. Use this to your advantage for sustainability. And, while Malphite has high mana costs, Shen uses energy. Hence, you have more chances to harass him in the lane.
- Remember that Malphites Q uses a fair amount of mana so you can shield his Q until he runs low on mana.
Try to get at least one point in E. Do your best to last hit minions while at the same time hitting Malphite with the spikes when his passive is down. This way his passive resets every time.
Best Malphite Counter Picks (Mid)
Use Transfusion on Malphite whenever you lose health, as it is an excellent harass that typically can break his passive shield in one cast at most levels.
Tips For Playing Against Malphite
- As an ADC (like Jinx), avoid taking hits from his Ground Slam. It significantly lowers your attack speed.
- With good reaction timing, you can flash away or use an escape ability to avoid Malphite's ultimate.
- Malphite's ultimate deals AoE (area of effect) damage. Hence, it is wise to not group up during team fights to avoid taking unnecessary damage.
- Malphite's abilities use up a lot of mana. Use this to your advantage and out sustain him during the lane phase.
By using the champions who counter Malphite and the LoL Malphite counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Malphite players.