Morgana, the Fallen Angel, is a mid lane mage that can also do well as a support champion. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Morgana.
Best Morgana Counters
Morgana Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Morgana, you can finally counter pick Morgana in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Morgana. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Morgana. After all, if you know how to play against Morgana, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Morgana in a lane.
Spellshield vs Continuous Harass and Overtime CC. Karma can easily poke freely and her only true CC, W has a 2-second tether, easily outlasting Spellshield or breaking it with the damage.
Always engage by running at her in a straight line to bait the easy binding from her and then dodge it with your E. After, go all in on her.
- Whenever Morgana casts her bind and it doesn’t hit you, shadow onto her and slash her a bit since she will have next to nothing in the way of fighting back.
- Morgana’s binding is ideal for halting your efforts if you ult onto her. To avoid being hit by it the moment you reappear you should bait her into casting it first and dodging it with your ult.
- Her Black Shield will be a minor thing in protecting her against you so you don’t need to worry about it or work around its cooldown.
Whenever Morgana puts her binding on cooldown, go ham on her and just use everything since you will by default win that trade.
Don’t engage with her using Fizz’s E unless you are confident since you should be saving it to dodge Morgana’s binding. She can very easily kill you if you get yourself caught by it.
- Her Blackshield will negate the magic damage from Vladimir’s abilities but it will not negate the damage amplification from your ultimate.
- Save your pool for dodging her binding as it will not help at all against her ultimate. If you do get bound you can pool to at least avoid the damage of her Tormented Soil.
- Once you get some items going you should push extremely hard, you can push fast enough for Morgana’s pool to not kill the minions quick enough and will cause her to lose quite a few under the tower.
Tips For Playing Against Morgana
- A Quicksilver Sash will get rid of Morgana’s ultimate chains.
- Try to stay behind minions so Morgana can’t hit you with her Dark Binding.
- Avoid standing in Morgana’s Tormented Soil for an extended amount of time.
- Bait her shield out with poking, engage only while it is on cooldown.
- As a support champion you should always build Mikael’s Crucible to counter Morgana’s ult or Q but keep out of her ults range to not get stunned so you can actually activate it.
- Don’t use your grabs, stuns (etc.) on target shielded by her E, because it will ignore it.
- Since makes her almost impossible to gank, force her to cast it before, or, as a jungler, gank her twice in a quick succession. Thanks to its long cooldown, she should not be able to shield herself again. Be wary of though.
is off her , she becomes much easier to poke. Use this time to execute own skills or just hit her with few basic attacks.
- Avoiding mentioned ability will also greatly reduce her effectiveness in the next few seconds, and it is the time to attack her. Don’t forget about .
- can only shield one champion with . When she casts it on herself or her ally, lock the other one for probably effective gank.
- Thanks to , effectively counters champions like or . Make sure not to take these champions when facing her.
By using the champions who counter Morgana and the LoL Morgana counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Morgana players.