In this tutorial, you learn how to counter Ashe in her role as an ADC champion. Ashe is an ADC commonly played in a damage role in bot lane. Although, some summoners opt to play her as a support (side-eye). Her kit includes a passive that slows you and deals increased damage to slowed opponents.
How Ashe Works
How To Counter Ashe: Champions
The list is not definite. The main similarities among the suggested champions that counter Ashe are that they each have a form of escape or some way to interrupt her slow or catch up to her while dealing damage to her. The trick is to know how to counter Ashe while using their unique abilities.
- Ezreal has much shorter cooldowns than Ashe. Ashe does have strong short trades due to W and 600 range. However, Ezreal can consistently poke her. Hence, you want to engage aggressively with your support and force trades while Volley is on cooldown.
- Ezreal can also dodge her Ultimate (R) with his Arcane Shift (E).
- Ashe’s slow is designed to chase rather than to kite. However, a good Ashe summoner can easily use it to kite. All-in engagements with Jinx’s high mobility typically destroy Ashe.
- Jinx outranges Ashe with her Switcheroo!. Start with Doran’s Blade and harass her as much as possible. However, keep an eye on your mana!
- What does Sivir do when Ashe casts her ultimate? Sivir uses her E to negate damage and all effects. Sivir’s E also works to prevent Ashe’s passive from slowing her as well. Use it wisely to win trades.
Graves’ Quickdraw is unaffected by slows and is useful for either catching up to Ashe after being hit by Frost Shot or for dodging a poorly-aimed Volley. Good timing with this ability can help you win battles against Ashe.
Tips & Tricks For Playing Against Ashe
Here are some general tips on how to counter Ashe no matter which Champion you decide to use.
- Play aggressively in the lane against Ashe because her Volley has a really long cooldown at earlier levels. Also, take advantage of the fact that she has no escape outside of Flash and, later on, her ultimate.
- Ashe is really squishy and has no defensive skills. Hence, she is an easy target to gank/focus in team fights. This is especially true if you have an Assassin champion like Pyke as Support.
- If you are worried about her ult and slows, take Cleanse. You can use it to escape her ultimate and slow.
- She is much more threatening with a kill-lane support (e.g Pyke) than with a utilitarian (e.g Nami) one. Use counter picks accordingly to minimize the threat.
- Also, take caution when chasing Ashe. She is one of the best kiters (in a good Summoner’s hand) in the game due to her slow. She can kite you while lowering your health and speed. She has 600 range.
You now have some tips and tricks to come up with a good strategy to counter Ashe. You may use any of the Ashe counters above or, if you feel skilled enough, try using a Champion like Vayne who has a bit of difficulty against her.