Rumble is a top lane mage that has several slows and high burst damage potential. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Rumble on Summoner’s Rift.
Best Rumble Counters
- Xin Zhao
Rumble Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Rumble, you can finally counter pick Rumble in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Rumble. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Rumble. After all, if you know how to play against Rumble, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Rumble in a lane.
It is difficult for Rumble to avoid being stunned during Flamespitter. Viktor can stand behind minions and outtrade with Power Transfer and Death Ray
Xin Zhao’s burst and knock-up seriously disrupt Rumble’s casting rhythm. Engage often at early levels to force early recalls and prevent gold farming.
As Darius, play aggressively with Q and pull whenever possible. Try not to push the lane, and keep river warded. Rumble might be easy to solo but his ult does work when a jungler comes to gank for him.
Take advantage of Jayce’s range and poke Rumble every time he goes for creeps. If Rumble is overheated barrage him with your range.
Tips For Playing Against Rumble
- Quickly get out of Rumble’s ultimate AOE zone as it deals massive damage per second.
- Watch Rumble’s heat bar – he will be silenced if it becomes full. Take advantage of this as he’ll only be able to auto attack during this time.
- Building Magic Resist will fair well against a Rumble because he only deals AP damage.
- Don’t underestimate an Overheated Rumble early, because his auto-attacks still do high damage.
- deals primarily magic damage. Get magic resistance items to reduce his damage output.
- In lane try to wait until uses and/or before taking the offensive. This will help tilt skirmishes in your favor.
- is a powerful zoning tool but it pushes the lane, so try to get an ally to help gank .
- Moving away from his can be critical to your survival. Avoid tight paths which will make moving away from it impossible along the path. Remember that it has a VERY high potential range.
- Be careful after avoiding his , as he can still fire another one even if he overheats.
By using the champions who counter Rumble and the LoL Rumble counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Rumble players.