Diana is mage champion that can play mid, top, bot, and jungle. She has high engagement potential at level six and substantial burst damage. In this article, we explain how to effectively counter Diana on Summoner’s Rift.
Best Diana Counters
Diana Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Diana, you can finally counter pick Diana in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Diana. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Diana. After all, if you know how to play against Diana, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Diana in a lane.
Abuse Mordekaiser’s early game spell power to discourage Diana from attempting to shove down or freeze the lane by engaging her in full force after level 3.
Syndra has short cooldowns on her balls and can cast while moving allowing her to easily peel Diana away. Be careful when reading misleading advice as Syndra can move and make balls quickly making her CC favorable to herself.
Trap her with W and cast Q and E after and give her a few auto attacks to deal damage t0nher over time. After level 6 its easy for Swain because Diana needs to get close to you for a fight and you can heal yourself with ultimate. Be smart and stay in the minion wave for max healing from your ultimate.
In the early game phase, try to level up while harassing her with your E and evading her Crescent Strike. If she jumps you at 6, Q under yourself, silence her and use your R (and ignite her if you have the spell). This can kill her or make her recall allowing you to farm or roam.
Tips For Playing Against Diana
- To greatly decrease Diana’s damage output, dodge her Crescent Strike as much as possible once she hits level six.
- Also, it’s good to keep in mind that Diana’s Q comes from her right hand, and arcs to her right. Moving towards her left side will drastically shorten the threat range of this skill
- Do not engage her while her shields are active. They only las a short while. Hence, you can wait it out before poking/harassing her.
- By using a knock-up (e.g. Blitzcrank’s Power Fist) and/or displacement (Tristana’s Buster Shot) while she is using her ultimate on a marked target you will deny her a reset on her ultimate.
- Diana works well with a team that can follow up with her (e.g. initiate.) If your enemy team has a team like Orianna, Diana, Leona, Xin Zhao & Jarvan IV for example. Hard Crowd Control (AOE stuns) will easily shut down a Diana.
By using the champions who counter Diana and the LoL Diana counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Diana players.