Zac is the product of a toxic spill that ran through a chemtech seam and pooled in an isolated cavern deep in Zaun’s Sump. In this article, we explain how to effectively counter Zac.
Best Zac Counters
Zac Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Zac, you can finally counter pick Zac in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Zac. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Zac. After all, if you know how to play against Zac, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Zac in a lane.
Tips For Playing Against Zac
- Zac’s goos can be crushed by stepping on them, denying him health regeneration.
- Zac’s passive blobs can be smitten. Kill them fast so that he won’t be able to revive.
- Zac can be interrupted while casting his Elastic Slingshot.
- If he activates his ultimate, even if you stun him it will still be activated.
- Zac’s blobs act like minion spawns and are susceptible to certain effects such as Volibear’s roar fear and, most devastatingly, Syndra being able to pick a blob up, hold it for as long as possible, then toss it away or into turret.
- heals from the blobs that separate from him. You can crush them by stepping on them.
- Kill all of
bloblets when he splits apart to prevent him from reforming.
- You can use and on the bloblets.
- Silences, roots, stuns and knock ups will all interrupt the charging of .
- All forms of crowd control are especially effective against , since without mobility to allow him to collect his healing blobs from he will, therefore, chop down his own health.
- Building a or against can be extremely effective since it significantly reduces his healing.
- needs to be very close to you in order to deal the majority of his damage, which makes kiting a very viable strategy.
has a very long cooldown. Popping this before a team fight or other major engagement can cripple his effectiveness.
- Be sure to keep an eye on when this is available, as it will allow you to more accurately determine whether you can win a 1v1 with him. Click before a team fight to see if his passive is active.
- Even though they take reduced AoE damage, you can still easily destroy all of
bloblets by using a mage with a lot of AoE damage. Champions such as , , and can easily kill while is activated.
- It may be helpful to wait to use AoE abilities against until the blob chunks have come close enough together that all can be targeted at once.
- Champions like
, , , and can throw Zac away when he uses , by using their own ultimate abilities.
- Alternatively, champions with knock-up CC available like or can keep from moving around a team fight if used after activated . This can significantly reduce the effectiveness of the ability.
- deals only magic damage with his abilities. As such, you can buy magic resistance to counter his damage.
By using the champions who counter Zac and the LoL Zac counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Zac players.