Olaf is an effective jungler and top lane fighter champion in League of Legends. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Olaf on Summoner’s Rift.
Best Olaf Counters
Olaf Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Olaf, you can finally counter pick Olaf in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Olaf. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Olaf. After all, if you know how to play against Olaf, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Olaf in a lane.
Buy Long Sword, 2hp pots, or a flask. You want to rush level 2 by pushing lane, every chance you can get, harass Olaf with Q. At level 2 pick Pantheon’s W ability. Once Olaf is at 1/3 hp, it makes him easy kill with a Q + W + AA + Ignite combo.
Kayle can kite Olaf indefinitely unless he ults, and if he does she can run away or ult herself until it wears off.
- Elise’s long range is what helps win this matchup. Poke Olaf as much as you can. Olaf will eventually run out of mana soon if he continues to farm with his Q and W and so will you. Just poke with autos as much as you can (Human form).
- Although Olaf gets dangerous at low health, Elise’s Q (Spider form) deals more damage the lower health your target is.
Tips For Playing Against Olaf
- Don’t use your CC abilities when Olaf activates his ultimate, as he can’t be disabled during the duration.
- Olaf becomes stronger with lower health. Be cautious when fighting an Olaf with low hp.
- Olaf can’t chase you if you prevent him from catching his axes.
- Stacking health will help with Olaf’s true damage.
- Note that his reckless swing has a higher range than his melee auto attack. Beware of this when you come in to farm (if melee) as he can poke you from afar. Also, note that this attack will not draw minion aggression on him so he can poke you without consequence.
- Note that due to his Ult being able to remove all CC and incoming CC, he is able to ignore your front line(tanks) and dive onto the back line(Carries).
By using the champions who counter Olaf and the LoL Olaf counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Olaf players.