Blitzcrank is a support champion that can play as a mage or a tank. Some summoners opt to play him in Jungle as well. However, you most likely will encounter a Blitzcrank in bottom lane. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Blitzcrank.
Best Blitzcrank Counters
Blitzcrank Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Blitzcrank, you can finally counter pick Blitzcrank in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Blitzcrank. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Blitzcrank. After all, if you know how to play against Blitzcrank, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Blitzcrank in a lane.
- Save Morgana’s shield for Blitzcranks grabs. This effectively renders his Q useless.
Ezreal’s E can be used as Blitzcrank hook hits you. This will cancel the hook and you will blink away safely. The cooldowns are similar too. Hence, you can use this trick all the time once you have mana.
- A good idea is to use Thresh’s lantern (W) to bring back an ally who has been grabbed by Blitzcrank.
- Use your Flay (E) to bump Blitzcrank away and slow him when he tries to reach you for his stun (E).
If Blizcrank grabs Leona, stun him and go back to your place. If he grabs your ADC, engage with your E, stun him and go back to your place or go for his ADC.
- If Alistar is pulled in by Blitzcrank, Blitzcrank gives Alistar the opportunity to either Q+W him or more importantly, his ADC.
Tips For Playing Against Blitzcrank
- The most important and first tip is to stay behind minions to avoid Blitzcrank’s Q. It pulls you toward him and allows him to perform his knock-up combo.
- Once Blitzcrank misses his Q (hook/grab), take advantage of the situation to harass both him and his ADC.
- Picking a tanky/CC support (e.g. Taric, Leona, Thresh) does well against a Blitzcrank.
- Beware of Blitz even when there are minions in front of you His ult has the potential to clear the wave and he can then follow up with his grab.
By using the champions who counter Blitzcrank and the LoL Blitzcrank counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Blitzcrank players.