Shen is a fighter champion that plays top or jungle. However, some summoners play him in a support role. His main attribute is that he can be tanky. In this, article, we explain how to effectively counter Shen.
Best Shen Counters
Shen Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Shen, you can finally counter pick Shen in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Shen. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Shen. After all, if you know how to play against Shen, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Shen in a lane.
Shen’s threat is very low until he gets his dash. Teemo should be able to auto him hard, but be wary when he turns as that probably means that the jungler is right there as well.
Use Jayce’s Q + E combo (Hammer Stance) to disrupt Shen’s ult. Jayce can also change stance to gain a range advantage to effectively poke Shen.
Use the brush to avoid Shen’s poke, and Decimate as he tries to farm. Try not to Decimate his shield. If he starts his ult, break the channel with Apprehend.
Vladimir’s ranged harass and sustain is far superior to Shen’s. Just don’t get predictable and get taunted, and you’ll have no problems.
Tips For Playing Against Shen
- Shen can be interrupted while channeling his ultimate, preventing him to teleport to his ally. Try laning against him with a champion with a disable.
- If playing against a Shen after level 6, always be cautious of fighting because the Shen will make a 1v1 become a 1v2, or 2v2 become a 2v3.
- Try to juke Shen’s taunt. This will give him a harder time to pursue his targets.
- Do not attempt to hit his turret or him when he’s under his turret (even when he’s low), he is most likely baiting you into a taunt, shield, flash(and possibly ignite), combo.
- Beware of Shen’s minions. Shen’s taunt can be deadly when used on you to force you to attack him inside his minion wave. Minion aggro can and will be used against you by a good Shen if you are playing overly aggressive.
- Landing is crucial for as he has no ranged abilities. Dodging the ability will leave him extremely vulnerable to kiting, render his useless and cripple his energy pool.
- Likewise, a taunt should you be unable to dodge it. , , or can cleanse or block the
By using the champions who counter Shen and the LoL Shen counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Shen players.
You might also like:
- Lux Counter: How To Counter Pick Lux
- Alistar Counter: How To Counter Pick Alistar
- Darius Counter: How To Counter Pick Darius
- Tristana Counter: How To Counter Pick Tristana