Anivia is a versatile champion in League of Legends. Anivia is a mage and, normally, you encounter her in mid lane. However, it is not surprising to see Anivia as a support or top lane. In this article, we teach you how to effectively counter Anivia while playing mid lane.
Best Anivia Counters
Anivia Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Anivia, you can finally counter pick Anivia in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Anivia. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Anivia. After all, if you know how to play against her, you can play safely and effectively to defeat her in a lane.
- Wait for her to use her Flashfrost (Q) before you jump on her, it is her main form of crowd control (CC) and without it, she struggles to duel against Fizz.
- It is not wise to start fights with your (ULT) shark. Save it for when Anivia uses her ultimate. Fizz’s ultimate has a knock up that interrupts Anivia’s.
- When playing Fizz, be sure to stock up on health potions. Anivia has a 600 auto attack range and out pokes Fizz. Her combos at level 2 also deal lots of damage.
- Orianna’s ultimate interrupts Anivia’s ultimate. Save it in the event that you are caught in her R.
- Orianna is able to outrange the slow and immobile Anivia. This allows you to have the lane advantage. Use your Q, W combo to harass Anivia.
- Another advantage is that Orianna can cast her abilities while moving. Hence, it is easy for you to dodge Anivia’s Q and attack her at the same time.
- Save your E for when Anivia uses her ult.
- Start the lane with a point in W. Anivia has 600 range. She is able to poke you with her auto attacks. A potion or two also helps early game.
- Diana has enough damage to defeat Anivia and take her out after her passive activates. The only time to avoid engaging her is under a tower.
- When Talon uses his E on to Anivia, run through her to make it difficult for her to stun you. If the stun is on cooldown, then you need not worry. This is also to make sure that Anivia can’t place her wall between Talon and herself.
- Anvia’s ultimate is a channel spell so Talon can interrupt it with his E.
- If Anivia misses her Q (Stun), take advantage of the situation and burst her down with your abilities.
The above champions do a good job as counters to Anivia. However, you can also try the following champions when laning against an Anivia. To effectively use these League of Legends champions against Anivia, follow the guidelines outlined below. The guidelines also apply to any champion that you which to use even if they do not necessarily counter Anivia.
Other Anivia Counter Picks
Tips For Playing Against Anivia
- Anivia’s Q can stun if she times it correctly. However, should she miss her stun, punish her by playing a bit more aggressively.
- Avoid fighting Anivia in small pathways in the jungle because of her wall and AOE abilities.
- Try to use crowd control (CC) (silence, stun, knock-up, displacement) on her during her ultimate to interrupt it.
- Focus Anivia in team fights if she builds squishy.
- Anivia can still teleport in egg form. Try to save a CC ability to stop her from teleporting.
- Never stand/fight in Anivia’s ultimate. It is an area of effect ability that slowly drains your health. Also, remember that her E (Frostbite) deals double damage if you are caught in her ultimate.
- Anivia has really low movement speed. Take advantage of this by asking your jungler to gank her.
- Always have some kind of movement speed item or start with boots. Always stay on the move to counter her Q. It stuns and her E deals double damage if he follows up.
- Play aggressive to kill her early game or force her to recall. By doing this, you greatly reduce her ability to farm and buy key items like Rod of Ages and Tear.
- When chasing a low-health Anivia, be wary that she can turn around and stun you. Also, it’s never a good idea to chase a champion with no vision on the map. It could be a trap and Anivia’s passive allows her teammates to have time to defeat you.
By using the champions who counter Anivia and the LoL Anivia counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Anivia players.