Teemo, “I’ll F*** Em’ Up”. Well, he actually says, “I’ll scout ahead”. But, we know what he means. Teemo is capable of playing any role and can build both AD and AP damage. He uses poison as his main damage dealer and has a blind. He can also vanish if he does not move for a set amount of time. In this article, we explain how to effectively counter Teemo.
Best Teemo Counters
Teemo Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Teemo, you can finally counter pick Teemo in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Teemo. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Teemo. After all, if you know how to play against Teemo, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Teemo in a lane.
Rumble is a little weak at levels 1-3. But by level 4-5 you can start to be a real pain for Teemo. Either Start Q level 1 to shove the wave immediately, or just go with E and W at early levels to survive. By rank 3 Q you can trade. Teemo’s range is short.
Teemo can’t harass Pantheon without putting himself in range of his pokes and burst. Pantheon doesn’t need auto attacks to kill Teemo so minions offer Teemo no advantage and he is zoned.
If you see Teemo drop a mushroom you can use Omen of Pestilence (W) to pop the mushroom and take no damage.
You can farm and poke Teemo simultaneously with Vorpal Spikes. Your sustain outlasts his damage and wait for 6 when you can kill him from 75% HP.
Tips For Playing Against Teemo
- Avoid fighting a Teemo if you’re an auto-attack based champion. His blind will mess you up.
- Teemo is weak against gap closers, as his Move Quick is on a long cooldown.
- As a jungler, consider a red trinket, as most Teemo’s will protect themselves from ganks with their shrooms.
- When chasing Teemo, don’t take his exact path, he is most likely running to his shroom farm. Try to chase a bit off to the left or right.
- If Teemo uses his blind to harras you, punish him by engaging him, as soon as the blind is over. Especially early his Q is most of his damage, so you should be able to win the trade.
- Purchasing can counter early game by reducing damage from his auto attacks and restoring health, but bear in mind that is not blocked. This is especially useful for melee champions who will take occasional harass from in lane.
- If you’re playing on Summoner’s Rift,
in the strategic place where you think will place his . You also can attempt to bait him into taking out your in order to engage a fight.
- true sight to sweep out , even more, mushrooms or see through his . is a great counter to , revealing and disabling his traps whilst giving you
- If you’re playing Twisted Treeline, will help you see his or himself that is hidden with his .
- When facing as an auto-attack reliant champion, it is best advised to buy a to remove the blind CC from his .
- Use when up against an AP , as it will mitigate a good portion of his damage output and restore you some health.
- Use a when you are low on health and are affected by , that way you can negate the poison damage from his .
- Since most of
damage output comes from autoattacks with his , consider building and . More especially so with the former as it’s passive and active can negate .
- Keep in note that deals a lot of magic damage instead of physical damage and you still need some magic resistance along with attack speed reduction.
- When chasing an enemy that enters , area of effect and skillshot abilities can forcibly cause to break stealth and attempt to escape. Knockback and knockup effects will break as well.
- When facing AP during early game, he will typically poke and run while letting his poison deal damage and lowering your health gradually, until he is able to burst you down. Be prepared to pull away if he approaches, and use s to keep your health high.
- Do not chase if he attacks once and then runs, particularly AP , as he is most likely luring you through a field of s.
- If you are using a champion whose damage output is either strongly or entirely based on their auto attacks (ex.
, , , or even himself) you need to purchase items to mitigate ‘s
- and items providing Tenacity are quite useful (ex. and )
- If you’re using a long-ranged marksman champion such as , , with activated or using , take advantage of your extended range in order to stay away from his .
- is often played top lane and very rarely mid lane because his , his damage over time with his and his kiting kit potential with his and can give most melee bruisers (i.e. , , , , , , , , , , and ), assassins (i.e. , , , and ) an extremely hard time. However, keep in note that only blocks auto-attacks and does not block damage and crowd-control effects from abilities. Because of this, AP mages with spells that can outrange and out-push him (i.e. and ) or AD casters with spammable ranged abilities (i.e. and ) can lane decently well against and zone him out.
- Most players disregard building defensive items and are therefore easy to kill. Look for opportunities to engage and burst him before he can retreat to his .
- s grants strong map control by granting minor vision in addition to the strong slow and damage over time makes relatively difficult to gank after level 6. Coordinate with your jungler before level 6 to shut down his farming and bring if necessary.
- In mid-late game, a Spell Shield ( , , or ) can help with clearing s.
By using the champions who counter Teemo and the LoL Teemo counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Teemo players.