Aatrox is a top lane champion that can also be played in the jungle role. He has decent sustain in lane and in the jungle due to his passive and E (Blood Thirst / Blood Price). In this article, we tell you to effectively counter Aatrox in top lane.
Table of Contents
Best Aatrox Counters
Aatrox Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Aatrox, you can finally counter pick Aatrox in any matchup. Let's take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Aatrox. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Aatrox. After all, if you know how to play against Aatrox, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Aatrox in a lane.
- Try to poke him early game and watch out for his jump. Dodge it with your E and use your Q + auto attack combo to harass him and eventually defeat him.
- When you go all in, make sure you stun him to negate the basic attack damage.
- Jax does really well against Aatrox in a lane. His E counters Aatrox's W.
- Jax's damage out scales Aatrox's which makes it easier for Jax to win trades in lane better.
- Jax's stun is also useful.
Countering Aatrox In The Jungle
Tips For Playing Against Aatrox
- Try to get attack speed reduction items/skills. These are great against Aatrox as most of his damage comes from auto attacks.
- Avoid Aatrox's Dark Flight's center of impact to avoid getting knocked up.
- If Aatrox builds full damage, focus him first during team fights.
By using the champions who counter Aatrox and the LoL Aatrox counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Aatrox players.