Sometimes, the Reddit App for iPhone or iPad takes up a good portion of your iPhone’s storage space. For example, I had a look and noticed that my Reddit app took up over 1 GB of space.
It’s a problem for many Reddit users. Luckily, I had a few tricks up my sleeve to reduce the storage space that the Reddit app takes up on the iPhone. I share them with you below.
Why Does Reddit Take So Much Storage
Before I dive into the tutorial, I must tell you why Reddit takes up so much storage on your iPhone.
You see, like many other apps, Reddit caches photos and videos when you use the app. Hence, over time, these cache files grow in size.
The problem was that the app didn’t clear the data it caches on its own. However, it seems that the most recent update addresses the issue.
But, if you still have problems with the Reddit cache/storage space, here’s what you can do.
Clear Local History
The first thing you can try is to clear the local history via the Reddit app’s settings. Sometimes, this reduces the size of the app’s cache or documents and data.
- Open the Reddit app and tap your profile icon.
- Then, tap Settings.
- In the settings menu, scroll down and choose Advanced.
- Tap Clear local history (may need to tap twice).
- A notification pops up that reads Local History Cleared.
Once you complete the above, go check your iPhone’s storage. It’s in Settings → General → iPhone Storage.
One of the quickest
Not to worry though. If you delete the Reddit app, you do not lose any of your data. You can read our article on how to delete iPhone apps.
Once you delete the app, go to the App Store, search for the app again and reinstall it.
Finally, be sure to check your iPhone’s storage space to verify that Reddit does not occupy more storage space than
That’s about it for Ways To Free Up Reddit App Storage Space On iPhone. For more useful tutorials, check out our iOS guides & articles.
- 6 Steps To Fix In-app Purchases Are Not Allowed iPhone/iPad
- 14 Simple Steps To Download Photos From Instagram On iPhone
- 10 Steps To Password Protect Note On iPhone & iPad
- 3 Simple Ways To Restore Deleted Photos On Your iPhone
- 2 Simple Ways To Delete Apps On An iPhone X
- 2 Simple Ways To Delete Apps On An iPhone 8
- 10 Best Must-Have iPhone Launchers For Android & iPhone
- 4 Steps To Reduce Data Usage When Using Instagram