Connect Samsung Galaxy S9 To Smart TV
- Firstly, set your TV to receive a signal.
- You may check the documentation for your TV to see how to connect smartphones (or search online).
- Do you own an older non-smart TV? Then, you can use a device such as a Roku, Amazon Fire TV, or Miracast Video Adapter.
- Once you set up your TV, swipe down the quick menu at the top of the S9 screen, then tap “Smart View”.
Connect Galaxy S9 To Chromecast
- Connect your Chromecast to the HDMI port on your TV and a USB port or other power source.
- Ensure that you connect the Chromecast and Galaxy S9 to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Download and install the Google Home app on your S9.
- Configured the Home App with your Chromecast.
Once you finish the setup process, apps display a “Cast” option. You can now mirror all screens via the S9 using the Home app by selecting > “Cast screen/audio”.
However, if you run into an error that reads, “device isn’t optimized for casting”, then do the following and try again.
How To Fix “device isn’t optimized for casting”
- On your Samsung Galaxy S9, tap Settings.
- Find and open Apps.
- Then, select Google Play Services and then tap Permissions.
- Search for “Microphone” and slide the slider to the On position.