You may want to delete apps from your iPhone 7 when your storage space gets full. Also, apps that you no longer use may slow down your iPhone without you even knowing. Moreover, some apps drain your iPhone battery. Whatever the case is, here are some steps to delete apps from your iPhone 6, or any other iPhone. There are two different ways you can remove apps from the iPhone 7 running iOS 10. However, first, we show you how to delete Apple apps.
Table of Contents
How Do I Delete Preinstalled iPhone Apps?
- Touch and hold the app lightly until it jiggles. If the app doesn’t wiggle, make sure that you’re not pressing too hard.
- Tap the tiny x on the app, then tap Remove.
- Press the Home button to finish.
Please note that when you remove a built-in app from your Home screen, you also remove any related user data and configuration files. This removal affects things like related system functions or information on your Apple Watch.
Also, press VERY lightly or a drop-down menu appears instead. This is particularly the case if you set up the touch method to open your iPhone 7. Here’s a tutorial for deleting Spotlight search history.
Delete Any App on iPhone
- Navigate to the Home screen that contains the icon for the application you wish to remove.
- Lightly tap and hold the icon for about 2 seconds until the icons wiggle.
- An X appears next to some of the apps.
- Tap the X on the app you wish to uninstall.
- A pop-up appears asking if you want to delete the app and all of its data.
- Select “Delete” or “Remove” to proceed.
Video: How To Delete/Move Apps on iPhone 7
Remove Apps Via Settings
- From the Home screen, select “Settings.“
- Select “General.“
- Tap “Storage & iCloud Usage” or “Usage” depending on your version of iOS.
- Under the “Storage” section, select “Manage Storage.“
- The list of apps installed on your iPhone 7 appears.
- Select the one you wish to remove.
- Tap “Delete app.”
That’s all there is to uninstall apps on iPhone smartphones. If you need to reinstall an app, go to the iTunes store and re-download it from there. Lastly, be sure that you do not have a restriction enabled. Go to “Settings” > “Restrictions” and ensure “Deleting Apps” is turned “On” (green).
For more useful iPhone tips, check out How to Customize iPhone 7 Home Screen Apps & Widgets, How To Clear iPhone Cache, Top Emoji App | Best Emoji Keyboard for iPhone and How to Configure iPhone Text Message Forwarding.