Sometimes, your iPad Pro might freeze up or become unresponsive. In these situations, a force restart normally resolves the issue. Here’s how to force restart iPad Pro when iOS locks up.
Force Restart iPad Pro
- Press the volume up button for one second, followed by the volume down button for one second.
- Tap and hold the Top button for at least 5 seconds.
- Wait for the Apple logo to appear and then let go of the Top button.
The new iPad Pro uses the same gestures as the iPhone X/XS/XR. This extends to button related shortcuts as well. After all, just like the X series of iPhone devices, the new iPad Pro does not have a Home button.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how-to guide as well as the following articles:
- 2 Easy Steps To Install Spotify On Apple Watch
- 5 Simple Steps To Make Memoji On Your iPhone – (Full Guide)
- 2 Simple Ways To Turn Off iPad Pro 2018 Version
- How to turn on Siri on iPad Pro
- How to charge Apple Watch and check battery life
- How to take screenshots on the iPad Pro
- How to adjust Display Zoom on iPhone and iPad
- How to setup Face ID on iPad Pro
- How to turn up haptic vibration feedback on Apple Watch
- How to clean your Apple Watch
- How to disable Apple Music listening history on iPhone and iPad
- How to change between Fahrenheit and Celsius on iPhone
- How to use gesture controls on HomePod