The Apple Watch is one of the world’s leading smartwatches. You can take it anywhere with you. With water and dust protection, it’s not hard to understand how your Apple Watch can get dirty.
In this article, I want to teach you to clean your Apple Watch. The method is quick and easy and requires about 5 minutes of your time. However, here are a few things to consider.
Soaps, cleaning products, abrasive materials, compressed air, ultrasonic cleaning, and external heat sources can cause damage and shouldn’t be used with your Apple Watch.Apple
Nonetheless, if you need to clean off fingerprints, smears, or clean out dirt stuck between the crown and the watch, here’s how to go about it.
How To Clean Apple Watch
- With a microfiber cloth, wipe down the front, back and sides of your Apple Watch.
- For stubborn stains, dampen the cloth with water (distilled if available).
- Repeat the first step.
- After, dry off the Apple Watch with a dry microfiber cloth.
We recently wrote a few useful articles with video guides on how to use the different features of the Apple Watch Series 4. Check them out below:
- How To Use Emergency SOS On Apple Watch Series 4
- How To Start Activity Competition On Apple Watch Series 4
- How To Make A Phone Call On Apple Watch Series 4
- How To Measure Heart Rate On Apple Watch Series 4
- How To Start A Workout On Apple Watch Series 4
How To Clean Digital Crown
Firstly, if there is sand, dust, dirt, or debris stuck in your Digital Crown or other parts of your watch, power it off.
Also, remove any leather bands or other custom bands from the Apple Watch.
- Place your Apple Watch under lightly running, warm, fresh water (Remember! No soaps, chemicals, or abrasives)
- Turn and press your Digital Crown while running it under the water for 10-15 seconds.
- Dry off your Apple Watch with a microfiber cloth.
For more information on cleaning your Apple Watch visit Apple’s official support page.
You can check out some of our other Apple guides or read up on the following hand selected tutorials:
- How to change Wi-Fi networks on HomePod
- How to use Do Not Disturb on iPhone
- How to control HomePod audio on iPhone and iPad
- How to change AirDrop settings on iPhone and iPad
- How to use flashlight with iPhone
- How to delete apps on iPhone and iPad
- How to rename folders on iPhone and iPad