Some things in life are easy. Like finding out what is the traffic like to work or deleting that pesky Netflix profile. However, other things are harder. Like right-clicking on a Chromebook or adding a signature to your text messages. For example, on my Samsung Galaxy S7, I cannot find the feature. For sure it was on my Galaxy S5. However, that isn’t reason enough to downgrade. Here are the best alternative ways to get a signature to appear in your SMS messages.
Add Signature Via Stock Android Messages App
- Open the “Messages” app.
- Press the “Menu” located at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Choose “Settings.“
- Tap “Add Signature to messages” to enable text message signatures, then tap “Edit signature text.”
- Type your desired information, then select “OK.”
However, as noted, Some variants of the Messages app have this setting. Unfortunately, it’s not available for many Android smartphones. Kind of like Siri.
Use An App: Handcent Next SMS
- Tap “Inbox” in the upper-left corner and switch it to “More.”
- Select “Settings.“
- Select “All.“
- Scroll down and select “Send message settings.”
- Check “Enable signature.”
- Tap “Personal signature”.
- Set the signature that you would like to use at the end of your messages, then select “Confirm.“
Those are two ways to add your own custom SMS signature text on your Android devices. By the way, if you know of another method, let us know. Like our articles? Then, check out how to fix Android: Error “Can’t establish a reliable data connection to the server” When Adding Account, Task Manager for Android Phone | Best App Killer or Top Photo Editing Apps For Android.