You try to add your Google Account to your Android device, but you get an error that reads “Can’t establish a reliable data connection to the server this could be a temporary problem.” You can get this error when using the google play store or any Google app that requires you to add your Google Account. However, if you couldn’t sign in, here’s how to fix the issue.
Can’t establish a reliable data connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your SIM card may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care.
Video: How To Fix “Can’t Establish a reliable connection to the Server/Play Store” Error on Android?
Use Another Data Connection
Firstly, you can try to use another data connection to resolve the error. For example, if you are using your mobile network’s data plan, try using a WiFi connection. The same goes if you are using a WiFi connection. Use a data connection instead. Additionally, restarting your wireless router and smartphone may resolve the problem.
Check Date & Time
Having the incorrect date and time on your Android device causes several problems. For example, apps like WhatsApp won’t work. Let your wireless carrier update the time automatically, or set it manually under
- “Date & time.”
Reset Google Apps
- Go to “Settings.”
- Open “Apps.”
- Now, open “Google Apps.”
- Click “Storage.”
- Tap the “Clear data” button.
Modify Host File (Root Users Only)
- Download and install Root Explorer.
- From Root Explorer, select “mount r/w as r/o” on the top screen.
- Open the “etc.” file.
- Open the “host” file.
- Change 2nd IP address by adding # in front of it.
Use YouTube App
- Open the YouTube app.
- Press “Menu.”
- Tap “My account.”
- Tap “Add account.”
- Take the account information that you are having problems with and add it to YouTube.
- Press “Home” to return to the main screen.
- Press “Menu” and go to “Settings.”
- Tap “Accounts & Sync”.
- Select the new account and set the sync settings.