When it comes down to it, there are not many instances where you will have to force restart your Apple Watch. Apple even recommends that you avoid doing so unless absolutely necessary. However, if you Apple Watch becomes unresponsive, here’s how to force restart Apple Watch.
How To Force Restart Apple Watch
By default, powering off your Apple Watch and then on again is the best way to restart it. However, if it is not responding here’s what to do:
- Press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds.
- Let go of the buttons when the Apple logo appears.
You should never attempt to force restart an Apple Watch during an update. And, only force restart it as a last resort when it is not responding.
For more tutorials like this one see our how-to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to charge Apple Pencil
- How to force quit apps on iPad Pro
- How to find out which Apple TV model you have
- How to get Spotify on Apple Watch
- How to turn off iPad Pro
- How to invoke Siri on iPad Pro
- How to charge Apple Watch and check battery life
- How to take screenshots on the iPad Pro
- How to adjust Display Zoom on iPhone and iPad
- How to setup Face ID on iPad Pro