Elise is an AP champion that can play any lane. Most popularly, you see summoner’s using her in the jungle or top lane. In this write-up, we discuss Elise counters and how you can effectively counter Elise with almost any champion.
Best Elise Counters
Elise Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Elise, you can finally counter pick Elise in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Elise. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Elise. After all, if you know how to play against Elise, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Elise in a lane.
Neurotoxin and Nimbus Strike have the same range. Also, a stunned clone is indistinguishable from a stunned Wukong until Elise blows her single-target damage on it. Use this to your advantage.
Use Null Sphere when she shoots Neurotoxin. Eventually, Elise will run out of mana before she can you.
Elise’s Spiderlings can be used against her by spreading Malefic Visions to them shortly before starting your combo.
Stand behind minions to dodge Elise’s W and E (Human form). If Elise ever jumps on you in Spider form, then perform your E->W->R combo. There is nothing more she can do.
To farm or poke, Elise must enter Yorick’s bullying range. Yorick can out sustain her poke, shove her back to tower and harass her there.
- Use Barrels to take out her Spiderlings. Trade her back with Parrrley whenever she tries to poke.
- Also, try to stay at middle Health so neither form’s Q does much damage to you.
Elise can’t poke through Iron Man. During an all-in, his spells wipe out her Spiderlings granting extra shield. As long as he doesn’t get 100-0’d during her stun, Mordekaiser wins.
Tips For Playing Against Elise
- To avoid Elise’s stun, be sure to stay behind minions.
- When at low health, play defensively as her Spider form’s Bite deals more damage the lower your health is.
- Try to read where the Elise will land after she uses Rappel – she can’t go anywhere if there are no minions/targets to jump to.
- If Elise uses Rappel to enter a team fight, focus her – Rappel is Elise’s only escape ability.
- Elise’s is more dangerous when you are at low health, and her more powerful when you are at high health.
- has a long cooldown. Elise is vulnerable after she has used it.
By using the champions who counter Elise and the LoL Elise counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Elise players.
Question And Answer Section
Elise vs Kayn
Kayn is a newer champion that plays both top and jungle lanes. Hence, if you play Elise in one of these lanes, chances are you might run into Kayn. But, does Kayn counter Elise?
Not necessarily, when in the Jungle, Elise has the advantage early game with her spiderlings. However, while Kayn can adapt to most team compositions, Elise may not be able to do so easily. In an early game, 1v1 Elise has the counter jungle advantage. Hence, in the Elise vs Kayn scenario, Kayn is not an Elise counter, thus Elise can easily come out ahead in the jungle.
You might also like,
- What Are Some Good Amumu Counters?
- Is Elise An Effective Evelyn Counter?
- Check Out These Riven Counters For Top Lane.
- Who Are The Best Yasuo Counters?
- How To Play A Mundo Counter In Top Lane?
- Which Champion Is The Best Good Poppy Counter To Play?
Elise vs Lee Sin
Lee Sin has a strong early game. Hence, he is a good Elise counter. However, Elise’s spider form (with spiderlings) messes up most of Lee Sin’s skill shots. A well-timed stun can also prevent Lee Sin from getting too close. However, if Lee Sin manages to land his skill shots, he can and will shred Elise. Elise is not one of the best Lee Sin counters. See an Elise vs Lee Sin matchup below.