Mordekaiser tanky mage that plays well both in mid lane and top lane. In this article, we go through how to effectively counter Mordekaiser on Summoner’s Rift.
Best Mordekaiser Counters
Mordekaiser Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Mordekaiser, you can finally counter pick Mordekaiser in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Mordekaiser. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Mordekaiser. After all, if you know how to play against Mordekaiser, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Mordekaiser in a lane.
Max Garen’s Q and use it to silence Mordekaiser’s symphony of abilities. Use your E to tear through his shield.
Mordekaiser has very short ability range, so he has to get close to you when he wants to do damage. So, when he comes close you just snare him with your Q and keep poking with your E, and don’t forget to use the auto-attack passive to deal more damage.
Tips For Playing Against Mordekaiser
- A Quicksilver Sash will get rid of Mordekaiser’s ultimate debuff.
- Don’t stand near creeps when he is about to use his Siphon of Destruction – as he will be able to push the wave and deal damage against you.
- Mordekaiser becomes harder to kill with his metal shield charged up. Try to kill him before he is able to regain his shield.
- Try your best not to die when you’re ulted by Mordekaiser, as you will turn into a ghost and attack your own team.
- The best counter to Mordekaiser is silence. When he is silenced he can’t damage you and he can’t load his shield. Therefore champions with silence are extremely useful.
- Gank him early. Mordekaiser has no escape and is very squishy early game. Use this time to snowball your allies. But if Mordekaiser starts to get a fair advantage, be very careful when ganking as he can easily 1v2.
- Another way to counter to Mordekaiser is to lead him to isolation, fight him only when you don’t have minions nearby, so his shield doesn’t charge up properly, ignite him when you all in him so he doesn’t heal from his ultimate.
- Mordekaiser’s range is very limited, the best he can do to fight at range is casting creeping death on a minion and hoping it get’s close to you, try to pick ranged champions against him, he has no dashes and is easily kited.
- Mordekaiser has no mobility abilities. This means that during the laning phase Mordekaiser can’t escape ganks at all, and due to the nature of his abilities, pushing the lane heavily, he is usually very weak to ganks.
- Any crowd control leaves Mordekaiser unable to build up his shield and makes him an easy target to burst down. Prioritise using any crowd control abilities on a Mordekaiser and burst him down before he is able to put out his massive damage combo.
By using the champions who counter Mordekaiser and the LoL Mordekaiser counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Mordekaiser players.