Gangplank, League of Legends very own pirate is a top lane fighter who can also play a jungle role. However, after his rework, he is versatile enough to play mid or bottom lane. So we’ve seen anyway. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Gangplank on Summoner’s Rift.
Best Gangplank Counters
Gangplank Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Gangplank, you can finally counter pick Gangplank in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Gangplank. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Gangplank. After all, if you know how to play against Gangplank, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Gangplank in a lane.
- Pantheon’s passive blocks Gangplank’s Q. Poke with spears, especially when your passive is up and then all-in at lower amounts of health. Gangplank can win all-ins early due to his passive slow and damage if you play the lane incorrectly.
- If Gangplank readily expends Remove Scurvvy upon being struck with CC, use Aegis of Zeonia to force it out of him during a gank so that the jungler has a clear shot at him.
Level up Riven’s Q and E evenly. When Gangplank Q’s on you, use Riven’s E to block the damage. Build Ghostblade to match his movement speed.
Use Fiora’s W vs Gangplank’s Parrley. Poke him when you can. At a certain point, he’ll be so low you can easily all in with your Q+E combo. Gangplank is usually a good turret-hugger thanks to his orange and the R, so be mindful of this.
Use Fiora’s Q to get in and destroy barrels just before the timer ticks from 2 to 1, or use your q to get out of range before his parley destroys it.
Tips For Playing Against Gangplank
- To reduce Gangplanks damage output from Parrley and basic attacks, buy early armor.
- Start with Doran’s Shield and he’ll stop harassing you; if he doesn’t, he’ll quickly run out of mana.
- Avoid using suppression/stun ultimates on Gangplank because he can cure out of it by using his W.
- If Gangplank places a barrel close to him/inside the melee minions, be careful that he doesn’t drop a barrel on you and instantly ignite it from the chain reaction.
By using the champions who counter Gangplank and the LoL Gangplank counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Gangplank players.