Kassadin is a high mobility (his ultimate), high burst damage mid lane champion in League of Legends. In this article, we explain how to effectively counter Kassadin on Summoner’s Rift.
Best Kassadin Counters
Kassadin Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Kassadin, you can finally counter pick Kassadin in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Kassadin. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Kassadin. After all, if you know how to play against Kassadin, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Kassadin in a lane.
- Zed does not have mana, Kassadin does. Zed does not have a long cooldown on his poke, Kassadin does. Use this to your advantage.
- Use your death mark after he uses his Riftwalk, he won’t be able to escape from you without flash.
Shove Kassadin to his tower and he won’t be able to roam or even last-hit. He can’t engage on Heimerdinger because the turrets would deal too much damage.
Poke him with your W before he can shield himself with his Q. Also, use your passive with your W to max your dmg with Q.
- Don’t waste W on trying to catch him with his ult up as he will effortlessly dodge it. Save it for the right moment.
- Kassadin will barely be able to retaliate against Swain pre-6 so abuse E+Autoattack harass as much as possible.
Tips For Playing Against Kassadin
- Kassadin gets completely countered by AD damage early game due to him being melee and having a passive only strong against AP.
- However, watch out for Kassadin’s new tanky build, he’s not really weak to AD mids anymore. Be ready to get an early last whisper if he gets Iceborn Gauntlet.
- Try to disable (stun/snare/knock-up) Kassadin if he uses his Riftwalk aggressively.
- Buying a Banshee’s Veil will significantly lower the damage you take from Kassadin’s skill combos.
- Kassadin has a very weak early game, so play very aggressive and force him to back as many times as possible, because this will delay his level 6 and you will have a gold advantage that will make the rest of the laning phase very hard to him.
By using the champions who counter Kassadin and the LoL Kassadin counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Kassadin players.