Kayn is an effective jungle champion that can also play top lane. He’s an assassin and a good fighter. He can choose between two paths.
A Shadow Assassin (
Best Kayn Counters
Kayn Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Kayn, you can finally counter pick Kayn in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Kayn.
After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Kayn. After all, if you know how to play against Kayn, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Kayn in a lane.
Tips For Playing Against Kayn
- Umbral Trespass requires Kayn to damage a target first. Try to dodge Blade’s Reach to deny him a long range cast of Umbral Trespass.
- When Kayn is in terrain near you, you will get a visual warning on the edge of the terrain he’s in.
- Damage Kayn while he’s in Shadow Step to shorten its duration, or apply hard crowd control (stun, charm, knockup, etc.) to end Shadow Step immediately.
- Because Rhaast is reliant on healing to last during team fights and to duel enemies, it is recommended to buy Grievous Wounds items to have a better chance of fighting him. Keep in mind, however, that Bramble Vest and by extension, Thornmail, are less effective against Rhaast than other healing reliant champions. This is because he heals with his abilities instead of his basic attacks.
- Umbral Trespass works in a similar way to Death Mark. Purchasing a Zhonya’s Hourglass on AD champions will make you immune to the final damage effect.
How To Counter Kayn
Kayn in the jungle can be difficult to predict. He doesn’t necessarily use the typical ganking paths as he can pass through terrain. Hence, it’s wise to place wards near or behind terrain to counter his ganks.
Also, knowing which Kayn form your enemy will choose can be beneficial to your team’s strategy. For example, if your team is tanky, he will want to gank melee lanes, and if your team is squishy, he will gank ranged ones. Use this knowledge to counter-gank or ward for your team.
Lastly, try to put pressure on Kayn before he is able to transform into one of his forms. This way you set him back and mess up his early gameplay.
By using the champions who counter Kayn and the LoL Kayn counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Kayn players.