The Fire Stick allows you to stream content from YouTube, Showtime Anytime, Hulu, and Netflix. However, to get the free shows and free movies or Kodi on your Amazon Fire Stick, you need to jailbreak a Fire Stick.
Prepare Fire Stick For Jailbreak
To jailbreak your Amazon Fire Stick, you need an internet connection, the Fire Stick Remote, and your Fire Stick.
- With the Fire Stick on, go to Settings.
- Then, choose Device.
- Go to Developer Options.
- Here, enable ADB debugging and then turn ON Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Lastly, go back to the main settings menu and then choose Applications.
- Then, turn OFF the Collect App Usage Data.
With the above done, you can then have your Fire Stick unlocked. To continue, you need to install ES File Explore.
ES File Explorer On FireStick
- Search ES File Explorer on the Amazon App Store.
- Open, download and install ES File Explorer on your Fire Stick/Fire TV.
- Launch ES File Explorer.
Install Kodi On Fire Stick
By installing Kodi on your Fire Stick, you get access to more shows and movies.
- Scroll down the ES File Explorer menu on the left and navigate to Tools> Download Manager> +New
- A box pops up on the screen asking you for Path and Name.
- For the Path, type https://www.firesticktricks.com/kapk and for the Name, type Kodi Krypton.
- Double check that everything is correct.
- Then, click ‘Download Now‘'.
- Once the APK download finishes, choose 'Open File' and click install.
Once the install completes, open Kodi and wait for it to start up. You now have a jailbroken Fire Stick (to say the least).
Remember to not use Kodi for illegal streaming or activities. Also, some ISP's may block Kodi. Hence, it's wise to use a VPN and/or change your DNS. You may use one of these free public DNS servers.