Sivir, Xena the Warrior Prince (cough), is an ADC champion. Of course, most of the times, you encounter Sivir in bot lane. However, some summoners opt to play her mid lane. She has a shield that blocks incoming damage and abilities as well as a speed boost. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Sivir.
Best Sivir Counters
Sivir Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Sivir, you can finally counter pick Sivir in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Sivir. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Sivir. After all, if you know how to play against Sivir, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Sivir in a lane.
As Vayne, try to farm and dodge her boomerang with your Tumble. If you want to fight her try to wait till her boomerang is on cd and bait her shield out so you can condemn her into a wall.
Each of Twitch’s abilities is fairly instantaneous and provide an incredibly small time frame in which Sivir can use her Spell Shield. She can still try to preemptively negate your abilities, but her Spell Shield shouldn’t be a problem against you.
Draven’s primary form of damage output (Spinning Axes) cannot be stopped by Spellshield. And even if her shield stops the first strike by Draven’s ult, it won’t stop the return.
Tips For Playing Against Sivir
- Try to wait for a split second longer before trading with her, as a lot of Sivir players will turn on their Spell Shield pre-emptively.
- Sivir players usually stay in lane forever and push waves continuously. Try setting up a gank if she pushes blindly without wards.
- If playing a champion with CC against Sivir, either use your stun when her spell shield is down or chase her until it runs out before using the stun.
- Try not to pick a champion with traps. (Teemo, Caitlyn, Nidalee) she can use her e for it to have no effect and you would pretty much be just throwing away free mana for her.
- Choose a champion that works well with auto-attacks, like Vayne, Draven or Lucian: Most of their damage lies in auto-attacks and spells that enhance the next auto (Vayne Q or W, Draven Q, Lucian passive) cannot be countered by the spell shield.
- costs a lot of mana to cast, so dodging it sets Sivir back. If it hits you on the way out, avoid its path on the way back.
- Sivir is a powerful pushing champion, so leaving her unattended in a lane for too long will often result in your turrets being destroyed.
- When laning against Sivir, it is possible to throw off the timing of her by faking an advance, then backing off.
By using the champions who counter Sivir and the LoL Sivir counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Sivir players.