Kha’Zix is an effective jungle assassin champion. However, you may also see him play top lane. Despite popular belief, RAID won’t help against Kha’Zix. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Kha’Zix.
Best Kha’Zix Counters
- Lee Sin
Kha’Zix Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Kha’Zix, you can finally counter pick Kha’Zix in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Kha’Zix. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Kha’Zix. After all, if you know how to play against Kha’Zix, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Kha’Zix in a lane.
- Lee Sin’s E is very strong for trading with Kha’Zix inside of creeps. This slows Kha’Zix’s mobility and longer trades due to low attack speed. It also makes you take little minion damage and gives you vision of him during his ultimate.
- At 6, try to force out an ultimate charge before using your ultimate burst if possible. He takes reduced damage during his ultimate and there is a small period of time after he’s done with 1 charge that he can’t activate it again.
Yorick’s ghouls make it hard for Kha’Zix to isolate Yorick, even outside of a minion wave. Use this to your advantage.
Put all your extra points into Q and W and just save melee form E for your disengage. Poke Kha’Zix down from range with Q’s and autos. When Kha’Zix tries to jump on you quickly disengage with melee form E and reset the trade.
Overall, Rengar has better stats than Kha’Zix. Kha’Zix is a high-damage dealer while you’re an all-around damage dealer and tank. Look to start fights with five ferocity stacks and do not get isolated. Only when you’re isolated does Kha’Zix truly dominate.
Tips For Playing Against Kha’Zix
- When fighting Kha’Zix, try not to get yourself isolated, as he deals increased damage to isolated targets.
- Kha’Zix’s jump ability has a long cooldown, so if he wastes it then punish him hard for it.
- Kha’Zix’s Leap is a strong gap closer, especially when evolved. Try to pick champions that can CC him (e.g. Kennen, Fiddlesticks, Renekton) or disengage from him (e.g. Ezreal, Vladimir, LeBlanc) when Kha’Zix uses his Leap.
- Kha’Zix is an effective assassin; near-instantaneous kills on isolated targets but dependant on surprise attacks. Build defensively and scry the entire map with wards and trinkets.
By using the champions who counter Kha’Zix and the LoL Kha’Zix counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Kha’Zix players.