How To Counter Pyke: Pyke is a League of Legends champion that can be played in several lanes. He’s an effective Jungle, Support, or Top lane champion. In this article, you learn some of the ways to counter Pyke and which champions are good Pyke counters.
How Pyke Works
How To Counter Pyke: Champions
Looking at the list of prime choices for playing against Pyke, you notice a trend. These champions have roots, knock-ups, stuns, or some form of Crowd Control. Also, Tanky champions
Tips & Tricks For Playing Against Pyke
- If Pyke is hidden nearby in his Ghostwater Dive, sharks circle underneath your feet. Use this as an indicator to fend of surprise attacks.
- Also, try not to stand near low health allies. If Pyke executes them using Death from Below, allies caught within the area of effect take damage as well.
- When playing against a Pyke jungle, make sure to buy Control Wards to negate his Ghostwater Dive. This ability does not grant Pyke invisibility. It works like camouflage. Hence, Control Wards reveal him.
Countering Pyke Support
Pyke is an effective assassin support. His ability to stalk his victims through stealth before launching a surprise attack to tip the odds in his team’s favor is especially dangerous. His kit consists of crowd control, stealth, and damage. This makes him an effective champion who can take out weak teammates and deal damage to those near his area of effect.
- Remember to keep your health high in a fight. This allows you to not immediately die from Pyke’s ultimate.
- Be sure to dodging his stun. This is a high priority because if you do, you essentially make him useless in a team fight.
- As much as you can, keep a good distance between you and Pyke to avoid his Bone Skewer.
- Pyke’s ultimate has an area of effect in the shape of an X. Playing champions with natural dashes can negate his ultimate by dashing away from it.
How To Counter Pyke LOL: A Counter Play Video
You now know how to counter Pyke when playing against him in the Jungle, as a Support, or Top. Use the advice above to come up with a counter play strategy to shore up a win for your team.