Graves is an ADC champion that can also play in the jungle. He has good damage output however he has a short auto attack range. His kit makes him a bit nimble however you can work around that. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Graves.
Best Graves Counter Picks
- Miss Fortune
Graves Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Graves, you can finally counter pick Graves in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Graves. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Graves. After all, if you know how to play against him, you can play safely and effectively to defeat him in a lane.
- Your range is ‘key’ to harass Graves. Try to save your Net to jump out of his ultimate until it Explodes.
- Use your 90 Caliber Net (E) to get out of his Smoke Screen (W) & Collateral Damage (R) – before it explodes.
- Graves has poor range and two castable spells that are the majority of his damage. Chances are you will easily hit him with Q and your W bounces because he needs to be near minions to cs or harass.
- Use your Spellshield against Graves’ abilities, they are usually pretty easy to notice and for you to time out the exact moment to do so.
Double Up is great against AD carries with low range. Don’t channel your ult up in his face because he will slip out and gain the opportunity to burst you down.
Tips For Playing Against Graves
- Graves has low auto attack range, so picking close range AP carries such as Ryze will pressure Graves to not sit in auto attack range during team fights.
- Graves has low range, so try to pick a long range ADC to poke him. He won’t have many chances to farm and you can set him back.
- Leaving his Smokescreen immediately will restore your vision.
- Be aware of his passive, this can cause him to be on top of trades. It can give him up to 30 armor at max level.
- Buying armor is strong against Graves because he deals mostly Attack Damage.
- Be aware of his high burst area of effect combo and try not to chase in a line or group up.
By using the champions who counter Graves and the LoL Graves counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Graves players.