Whenever you see the “Unfortunately Messages Has Stopped” error on your Samsung Galaxy Note 9, it means that your default messaging application has crashed. This prevents you from reading or sending text messages. However, here are 3 easy ways to fix Unfortunately messages has stopped errors on Galaxy Note 9.
How To Fix Galaxy Note 9 “Messages has stopped” Error
Popular fixes include using Safe Mode, clearing data and cache, and resetting your device. However, the one I recommend is taking your Note 9 back to the carrier or manufacturer to have them fix the issue. However, here’s what you can do on your own.
Firstly, boot your Galaxy Note 9 in Safe Mode. Once you do so try to use the message app. Only default apps that shipped with your phone load in safe mode.
If you can use the message app then you know that a third-party app is causing your messages app to crash.
Reboot your Android and try to figure out which of you apps may be causing your messages app to not work. Once you figure it out, uninstall the app.
However, if messages keeps stopping even in safe mode. Then continue with the next fix.
Clear Cache & Data
- From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
- Tap Settings > Apps.
- To display preinstalled apps, tap Menu > Show system apps.
- Find and tap Messages.
- Tap Storage > CLEAR CACHE > CLEAR DATA > DELETE.
There is also the possibility that you can lose text messages when you perform the reset. However, you can use your phone’s backup and restore feature to save your texts.
If your Galaxy Note 9 messages keep stopping then you can hard reset your Note 9 to see if this fixes the problem. However, remember that you can always take it your carrier first for help.
- 2 Easy Ways To Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- 6 Easy Steps To Reboot Galaxy Note 9 In Safe Mode
- 3 Easy Fixes For When Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Won’t Turn On
- 9 Easy Steps To Clear Cache Partition Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- 10+ Easy Ways To Fix Galaxy Note 9 Battery Drain Problems
- 3 Simple Ways To Turn Off Bixby On Galaxy Note 9
- 3 Easy Steps To Enable WiFi Calling On Galaxy Note 9
- 3 Easy Fixes Galaxy Note 9 Voicemail Notification Won’t Go Away
- 2 Simple Ways To Take A Screenshot On Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- 10+ Easy Ways To Fix Galaxy Note 9 Won’t Connect To WiFi
- Galaxy Note9 Won’t Charge: 10+ Super Easy Fixes To Try Now
- 7 Easy Steps To Transfer Photos From Galaxy Note 9 To Computer
- 8 Easy Steps To Transfer Files From Galaxy Note 9 To PC
- 5 Easy Steps To Insert/Remove MicroSD Card On Galaxy Note 9
- 5 Simple Steps To Insert & Remove SIM Card On Galaxy Note 9
- 8 Easy Fixes For Galaxy Note 9 Not Reading SD Card
- 5Easy Ways To Fix Galaxy Note 9 Unable To Read Mounted SD Card
- 3 Easy StepsTo Turn Off Autocorrect Galaxy Note 9
- 3 Easy Fixes For Galaxy Note 9 Not Sending Or Receiving Texts
- 3 Easy Fixes For Unfortunately Messages Has Stopped Galaxy Note 9
- 2 Quick Easy Ways To Download/Install Note 9 Android Pie