Have you ever received a voicemail, then, after listening to it, the notification remains on your Galaxy Note 9 display? You try to swipe it away but you can’t. And, you even tap it, select hide content, however, it stays stuck on your screen.
Moreover, the voicemail notification stays on the screen no matter how many times you listen to it. It stays there even when you have no new messages! For what its worth, you can ignore the notification. However, how do you know when you truly have a new voicemail?
How can you tell when to check your voicemail box for new messages? In this article, we discuss how to get rid of the voicemail notification on your Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
How To Get Rid Of Voicemail Notification On Note 9
Lucks on your side1 There are several ways to get rid of the voicemail notification on your Samsung Galaxy Note 9. So, what are these simple tricks that you can use if your Galaxy Note 9 voicemail notification won’t go away?
Firstly, we use the restart method, then the disable/re-enable method, as well as the data clearing option to delete the voicemail notification. Ok! Let us begin!
Reboot Your Galaxy Note 9
Have you tried restarting your Galaxy Note 9? For many software glitches, like the voicemail notification glitch, a quick restart resolves the issue.
Turn off your Galaxy Note 9 completely for about 15 seconds. Then, start the smartphone. Has the voicemail notification disappeared? No? Then, move to the next fix.
You might also like:
- Is It Ok To Use Any Charger With My Samsung Note 9?
- How To Block Someone On My Galaxy Note 9?
- Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G/LTE – Which Uses Most Battery Life On The Note 9?
Disable/Re-Enable Voicemail Notifications
Our second tip is to disable and then re-enable the “show notification” option vi the voicemail app settings. This fix is known to remove the ever persistent new voicemail notification. Here’s what you need to do:
- Firstly, access the “Show notifications” setting in your voicemail application by going to your Galaxy Note 9 Settings.
- Here, find and open the Application Manager.
- Navigate to all apps.
- Scroll and find the Voicemail app.
- Tap to open it and then deselect the Show notifications option.
- Once disabled, tap the option to re-enable it.
- Make sure to check “Show notifications.”
- Reboot your Galaxy Note 9 and test that the voicemail works correctly by leaving yourself a test voicemail.
Delete App Data
Ok, so you’ve tried the methods above. However, the Galaxy Note 9 voice notification won’t go away. Then, the next thing to do is clear cache/data for the phone/voicemail application.
When you delete this data, you reset the settings and data of the applications. Rest assured that you do not lose any voicemail messages during the process.
Clear Note 9 Phone Application
- Firstly, open your Galaxy Note 9’s Settings
- Then, locate and open the Application Manager
- Scroll to ALL
- Tap on Phone
- Then, tap Clear data.
Finally, check to make sure that your voicemail icon displays correctly. Is the new voicemail notification still stuck?
Then, try removing the voicemail app’s data instead. To do so, follow the guidelines below.
Clear the Voicemail Application
If, for some reason, clearing the data on your phone app did not help then try clearing the Voicemail application’s data as well.
- Firstly, access your Galaxy Note 9’s Settings
- Find and open the Application Manager
- Scroll to ALL
- Tap on Voicemail
- Then, tap Clear data.
Is your Galaxy Note 9 still showing the voicemail notification? Then, your next step is to contact your service provider. Thanks for reading what to do when Galaxy Note 9 notification won’t go away here on ORDUH.
- 6 Easy Steps To Reboot Galaxy Note 9 In Safe Mode
- 3 Easy Fixes For When Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Won’t Turn On
- 9 Easy StepsTo Clear Cache Partition Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- 10+Easy Ways To Fix Galaxy Note 9 Battery Drain Problems
- 3 Simple Ways To Turn Off Bixby On Galaxy Note 9
- 3 Easy Steps ToEnable WiFi Calling On Galaxy Note 9