Ashe is an ADC commonly played in a damage role in bot lane. Although, some summoners opt to play her as a support (side-eye). She has a passive that slows you and deals increased damage to slowed opponents. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Ashe.
Table of Contents
Best Ashe Counters
Ashe Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Ashe, you can finally counter pick Ashe in any matchup. Let's take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Ashe. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Ashe. After all, if you know how to play against Ashe, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Ashe in a lane.
- Ezreal has much shorter cooldowns than Ashe. Ashe does have strong short trades due to W and 600 range. However, Ezreal can consistently poke so you want to engage aggressively with your support and force trades while volley is on cd.
- Ezreal can also dodge her Ultimate (R) with his Arcane Shift (E).
- Ashe's slow is designed to chase rather than to kite. However, a good Ashe summoner can easily use it to kite. All-in engagements with Jinx's high mobility will typically destroy Ashe.
- Jinx outranges Ashe with her Switcheroo!. Start with Doran's Blade and harass her as much as possible. Watch your mana!
- Ashe Ults? Sivir uses her E to negate damage and all effects.
Quickdraw is unaffected by slows and is useful for either catching up to Ashe after being hit by Frost Shot or for dodging a poorly-aimed Volley.
Tips For Playing Against Ashe
- Play aggressively in the lane against Ashe because her Volley has a really long cooldown at earlier levels. Also, she has no escape outside of Flash.
- Ashe is really squishy and she has no defensive skills. This means she is really easy to gank/focus in team fights.
- By utilizing Cleanse, you can escape her ultimate.
- Ashe is much more threatening with a kill-lane support than with a utilitarian one. Use counter picks to minimize laning difficulty.
- Be careful when chasing Ashe. She is one of the best kiters in the game due to her slow. She can kite you while lowering your health and speed. She has 600 range.
By using the champions who counter Ashe and the LoL Ashe counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Ashe players.