Annie Counter Tutorial: Annie is a mid-lane mage that is also played as a support champion. She has great burst potential, two area of effect abilities, a shield, a stun, and a giant enraged bear. In this article, we teach you how to effectively counter Annie while playing mid lane.
- Health :524 (+88 per level)
- Attack Damage :50.41 (+2.625 per level)
- Attack Speed :0.579 (+1.36% per level)
- Movement Speed : 335
- Health Regen :5.5 (+0.55 per level)
- Armor :19.22 (+4 per level)
- Magic Resist :30 (+0.5 per level)
After casting 4 spells, Annie’s next offensive spell will stun the target for a short duration.
Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 Mana
Annie hurls a Mana infused fireball, dealing damage and refunding the Mana cost if it destroys the target.
Deals 80/115/150/185/220 (+80% Ability Power) magic damage. Mana cost and half the cooldown are refunded if Disintegrate kills the target.
Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 Mana
Annie casts a blazing cone of fire, dealing damage to all enemies in the area.
Casts a cone of fire dealing 70/115/160/205/250 (+85% Ability Power) magic damage to all enemies in the area.
Molten Shield (E)
Cost: 20 Mana
Grants Annie and Tibbers increased percentage Damage Resist and damages enemies who attack with basic attacks.
Annie grants herself and Tibbers 16/22/28/34/40% damage reduction for 3 seconds. While the shield is active, enemies who basic attack it
Summon: Tibbers (R)
Cost: 100 Mana
Annie wills her bear Tibbers to life, dealing damage to units in the area. Tibbers can attack and also burns enemies that stand near him.
Summons Tibbers, dealing 150/275/400 (+65% Ability Power) magic damage to enemies in the target area.
For the next 45 seconds, Tibbers burns nearby enemies for 10/15/20 (+10% Ability Power) per second and attacks for 50/75/100 (+0) as magic damage. Annie can control Tibbers by reactivating this ability.
Tibbers Enrages when: summoned; Annie uses Pyromania on an enemy Champion; and when Annie dies.
Enrages: Tibbers gains 275% Attack Speed and 100% Movement Speed, decaying over 3 seconds.
Champions That Counter Annie
Annie Is Weak Against
Now that you know who counters Annie, you can finally counter pick Annie in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these Annie counter picks.
After, there is a general section explaining how to use any League of Legends champion as counters for Annie. After all, if you know how to play against Annie, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Annie in a lane.
- Fight fire with fire! Brand greatly outranges Annie. She shouldn’t ever be able to get close to you without taking damage first.
- When dueling Annie out in the open and her Tibbers is out, try to make sure they are close together so you can use Tibbers as a bounce target for your ult.
- Keep away from the minions, minions will block your stun from hitting Annie. Meanwhile, Annie has nothing that is blocked by minions.
- Better Range. Annie’s spells have 600 range. Lux’s spells have over 1000 range. You should be able to out poke her easily.
- Don’t try to duel with her till your level 3. After that just poke her down and if you see she wants to stun you first use your E. She will probably out farm you due to her mana regen via her Q, but after level 6 you can outburst her.
- Use your E and Q to harass, and force her out of the lane. At level 6 try to bait out her stun then Q, E, and R to finish her off. Also, build an Abyssal Scepter for the MR and AP.
- Try to get some Q, W combos on Annie early game. Get level 6 first and try to nuke her down.
- Distortion behind her. There is a good chance she will try to W with stun because you are hard to target during distortion. If you do behind her she will miss.
If Annie tries to stun your ally or yourself with Q, you have enough time to proc your E and deny the stun and some of the damage depending on the rank of your E.
How To Play An Annie Counter
- If Annie has her stun, STAY AWAY from her. Unless, of course, you can hit her from outside her range.
- Keep a close eye on her passive stacks, when she hits 3 stacks, she can land a surprise stun by activating her E before her Q reaches its target
- Stay away from Tibbers when it’s summoned, as it deals Area Of Effect damage.
- Long range casters will have an easier time against her due to her short ranged abilities.
- Always be aware of her flash+combo attack as it is rather devastating.
- The best way to kill Annie is to go for her immediately after she misses her stun. especially if you are playing a burst damage champion.
- Avoid picking assassins. Annie has a really high burst potential with little risk because of her passive stun.
- Assassins are characterized as squishy champions with high burst, but a good Annie will have a stun prepared to make you unable to burst.
By using the champions who counter Annie and the LoL Annie counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective Annie counter.