LeBlanc is a mid lane mage with high burst damage. Sort of a trickster, her passive allows her to create illusions. She has high mobility given that she can teleport from spot to spot and root targets. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter LeBlanc.
Best LeBlanc Counters
LeBlanc Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters LeBlanc, you can finally counter pick LeBlanc in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to LeBlanc. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for LeBlanc. After all, if you know how to play against LeBlanc, you can play safely and effectively to defeat LeBlanc in a lane.
When LeBlanc initiates a combo against you (most of the time starting with Q), be sure to use W to absorb some of the damage. If she then uses W, use E to stay close to her, and deal some damage.
- Build lots of MR and push the lane, LeBlanc will struggle to do anything to Galio since she lacks wave clear and prefers soft targets.
- Try to keep her whereabouts within your knowledge. LeBlanc likes to kill people and snowball, you beat her by completely denying her that but your team might not use the same strategy. So, make sure you let them know she’s missing
- When LeBlanc uses her nuke, don’t run away, stand and fight. She won’t be able to anything for a while. Annie, on the other hand, will have Q and W up fast.
- Just stay behind your minions and keep the maximum range from LeBlanc. Keep last hitting with your Q to keep Annie’s stun up. Then bait LeBlanc in using her W stun. Then, pull out your Tibbers+Q+W combo on her.
If LeBlanc survives Talon’s burst and you use Q on her before Mirror Image triggers, it will reveal which Leblanc is real.Pick off the one with the giant dagger over her head.
If Leblanc is aggressive, then it’s a win for Syndra. How? Once she tries to jump and do her combo you could stop her with your combo and you will have won the trade easily.
Tips For Playing Against LeBlanc
- A Banshee’s Veil significantly decreases LeBlanc’s burst potential. Consider building into one.
- Disabling (silence/stun/snare/knock-up) Leblanc after she uses her Distortion will stop her from casting it again.
- Find out which spell LeBlanc upgrades at the start, Q or W. When she maxes Q – push the lane hard, she has no wave clear. When she maxes W – stay out of her W’s range, try to make her Distortion useless.
- Try to stay with (behind) minions so that LeBlanc’s chain won’t be able to hit you and possibly root you.
- After her passive pops, clicking on one of the clones will tell you which one is real. The real one has items and the clone does not.
- Keeping track of LeBlanc’s cooldowns will help you decide when to engage and when to back off. She is heavily reliant on burst, so if she uses her spells to farm or dodge your spells she can’t use them in her combo.
- CC her as much as possible when she uses her W, her leap to farm minions. A snare, stun, or root would be better since it prevents her from moving or teleporting back. This is perfect to set up ganks for your jungler.
- Be wary of damage potentials when she has you .
- Pressuring her into using both her can set her up for a gank by a teammate from which she can’t escape, as they both have a long cooldown.
- is extremely squishy so she is very vulnerable to hard crowd controls, such as stuns and suppression, and focus. Taking her out of the fight early prevents her from being able to burst down a carry.
- Avoid minion waves that were while you’ve been marked as well. or will bounce on you and deals massive damage.
- Both and are strong disengage tools. Create distance to avoid being and seek to engage afterward.
- All of
spells deal magic damage, therefore any form of magic resistance will mitigate her damage significantly.
- offers a spell shield to negate 1 spell from . Its magic resistance and health will help tremendously in surviving burst, while possibly blocking initiation. As such, it is a recommended buy if going against .
- After uses her and , she is at her most vulnerable as her damage and mobility are both dependent upon it.
- Do not be tricked by her
, try to save up abilities like ultimates during this situation, as the can be used as a shield against certain attacks and abilities, making them get wasted.
- A common technique against is to play a champion that can easily guess where the Real and the clone of herself is. & are considered the best choices because & can let them easily guess which is the Real LeBlanc and which is the clone of herself before using Mimic.
- Watch out when you see
missing from her lane. Her gank potential is very good and may result in you dying in a 2v3 or 2v4 fight.
- Remember warn your teammates when leaves your lane.
- is surprisingly dangerous, especially when assassinating low-health champions due to , so beware.
- is probably the best counter to for two reasons. Firstly, can out-poke in the laning phase thanks to and second, can use to negate burst.
- is notorious for being able to burst down AP mid laners. However, because she specializes in bursting one target, having your jungler gank during her dives will cripple her aggression significantly and cause her to fall off prematurely.
- Warding brushes will make it harder for to juke using .
By using the champions who counter LeBlanc and the LoL LeBlanc counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to LeBlanc players.