One useful feature of any smartphone, and, by default, Android smartphones, is the ability to cut, copy, and paste text or images on your Android device. If you are unsure how to copy and paste on an Android phone, follow these steps. There’s a video at end of the article.
- Tap and hold the text box/area from which you are copying text for about 2 seconds.
- A menu appears at the top of the screen and the text becomes highlighted.
- Drag the selection to highlight the exact text you wish to copy.
- Select the “Cut” or “Copy” option. Whichever applies.
- In some situations, cut and copy icons appear instead of text. Select the icons in this case.
- Now, go to where you want to paste your text. For example, in the Facebook status box.
- Tap and hold the text field for 2 seconds, then tap “Paste”.
There you have! An easy way to cut, copy and paste data using an Android device. You should be aware that not all Android applications support the cut/copy/paste feature.
Copy and Paste Facebook
As mentioned above, not all apps support copying data. The Facebook app for Android is one of them. However, to workaround this, you can use Facebook via the mobile browser. Then follow the information as per above.
Copy and Paste Images
To copy and paste pictures on Android, you need to be browsing the image via a web browser. The same steps above work.
- Tap and hold the image you wish to copy or download.
- Select the appropriate option from the menu that appears.
Within apps like Facebook and WhatsApp, you may save an image by opening the image in the app, clicking the menu icon (upper right corner), and then selecting the option to save or download the image. After which, you can use it wherever you like (once you have permission).