Sion, the undead champion, springs back to life after death for a few seconds. He gains massive buffs when dead and should be avoided at all cost. He can be played in top, bot, mid or jungle roles. In this article, we explain how to effectively counter Sion.
Best Sion Counters
Sion Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Sion, you can finally counter pick Sion in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Sion. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Sion. After all, if you know how to play against Sion, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Sion in a lane.
Garen’s Q cancels Sions Q charging, and so you can interrupt it early so his damage is weaker and he consumes the mana. Garen only relies on cooldowns too, so he can out sustain Sion’s mana.
Darius’ pull(E) will cancel his Q. While playing against Sion try to save your pull for when he charges his Q.
Jax’s leap strike can be used to jump away from his Q or R and the stun from counterstrike can cancel the channel of his Q. Sion is unable to avoid being hit by counterstrike because he lacks mobility.
Riven can quickly burst down his shield with her Q combo, and dash out of his knock-up and E with her own E, and even if you do not avoid it, you will still take reduced damage.
As you are fighting him, he will most likely charge his Q. While he is in the middle of charging, use your 3rd Q or W to negate his Q effects. If you continuously do this over and over.
Tips For Playing Against Sion
- Try to burst down Sion’s shield – this will prevent the shield from dealing any damage, cutting his damage down in half.
- Reposition after killing him to get away from his Glory from Death.
- After Sion has died, have someone on your time stun him when he goes berserk otherwise he will chase down your team.
- Player made terrain will interrupt his ultimate. This makes champions such as Trundle, Jarvan, Azir, and Anivia very valuable to have on your team against a Sion.
- Save your cc til after Sion’s ult as he can’t be cc’d while ulting.
strength lies in his amazing late game with infinite HP scaling, playing an early game champion like , , or can hinder him from reaching his full potential.
- In short, anyone who can interrupt his and burn through his shield quickly and early will be able to push him out of lane as well as deny his usefulness during team fights.
- shield can deal a large amount of damage to your team if you don’t break through it fast enough. If you cannot destroy it within the three second period before it can be detonated, consider disengaging and letting it expire, as it has a fairly significant cooldown.
- Pay attention to the game’s audio as you can hear the noise
makes globally, and position yourself to dodge out of the way.
- While the engage potential of is significant, the cooldown is very high at early levels. Keep this in mind if he uses it defensively.
- Without , is very vulnerable to kiting. Try to engage or force an objective while it is down.
- does a large amount of mixed damage, especially in the laning phase. Avoiding his abilities early is important in securing the early game against him.
is relatively fast compared to the rest of his skills, but its high base damage and slow makes it important to dodge to avoid follow up.
- The empowered damage only applies if you are hit by a minion or monster. Try not to give the opportunity to hit you with one.
- excels at zoning low mobility opponents with his abilities. and can be effective against him, provided they do not get too close.
- A well-timed can prevent from landing on you.
- Much of initiation damage is physical, so building armor will be effective for team fights or if he manages to land his ultimate.
- can be effective in reducing his magic damage against you and prevent any kind of initiation from him.
By using the champions who counter Sion and the LoL Sion counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Sion players.