Brand is a formidable mid-laner. He has high damage output, a stun, and several area of effect abilities. Sometimes, you may see summoners play Brand in bot-lane as a support (uh huh….). However, if you encounter Brand, here are some tip to help you effectively counter Brand.
Best Brand Counter Picks
Brand Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Brand, you can finally counter pick Brand in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Brand. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Brand. After all, if you know how to play against Brand, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Brand in a lane.
- Brand is squishy with no sustain or mobility. With LeBlanc, use her QR harass and apply pressure to him.
- When you QW on to him and then land your chain you should try to get behind your minions to avoid his counterattack with his stun, which won’t bypass minions.
- A word of caution! If your passive procs, get away from it as it will act as a conduit for Brand’s ultimate and can lead to you taking heavy damage.
Lux outranges Brand. Stick to using E to harass him until he is low enough to kill since he won’t be able to touch you as he lacks mobility and as mentioned has a lower range than you.
Fizz can dodge/cancel Brand’s ultimate by using his jump.
Getting a Banshee’s Veil early on in your build will make Kassadin difficult for Brand thanks to the spell shield. Also, the healing passive is an added bonus for sustainability.
If you get a jungle gank on Brand, you should use Kassadin’s ultimate to end his ultimate by jumping out into an area with no allies nearby.
Always try to bait him into using one of his spells(ideally Q(stun) or W(high damage)) before you jump on him in lane.
Tips For Playing Against Brand
- If Brand uses his ultimate, try to get out of range. His ult bounces to multiple targets.
- Also, he has two other area of effect abilities, hence it is wise to avoid grouping too closely in general.
- If Brand lands a W or E on you, try to stand behind the minions to deny him landing the Q for the stun.
- Brand is extremely immobile for a mage. Picking someone who can easily dodge his abilities or escape from him is highly recommended (Fizz, Talon, etc.).
- You can cancel Brand’s ultimate by using a Zhonya’s Hourglass before the ult hits you.
- Try to bait his Q. When he uses it, he is very vulnerable because he has no escape or stuns to help him escape. If u get a gank or want to gank him yourself wait until his Q is on Cooldown.
By using the champions who counter Brand and the LoL Brand counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Brand players.