Lux is a mid lane mage that can also play a supporting role due to her abilities. She has an area of effect shield, slow, and root. Her ultimate is also deals area of effect damage. In this article, we explain how to effectively counter Lux.
Best Lux Counters
Lux Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Lux, you can finally counter pick Lux in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Lux. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Lux. After all, if you know how to play against Lux, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Lux in a lane.
Lux is extremely squishy at pretty much all stages of the game. You should go for kills very aggressively especially at levels 2-3, use your E to bypass her Binding and just go all in on her.
- Making good use of Zed’s mobility (W) you can give Lux a hard time trying to hit you with her spells. Post 6, because you can use your ultimate to add to your mobility (gives short time invulnerability) you should be able to pressure Lux hard.
- Also, keep in mind that you can dodge Lux’s ultimate with your ultimate.
At level 2 or 3 Fizz should be extremely aggressive and make a first blood attempt as Lux has incredibly low health making her super easy to defeat.
Lux runs a whole variety of summoner spells. If she is running Ignite or Teleport be a bit more aggressive and make daring plays. If she is running Heal or Barrier take that into account when you try to make a move on her.
Yasuo’s wind wall blocks all of her projectiles (every skill except her ultimate including her shield). Keep this in mind when playing aggressively with her or when in siege situations.
Play aggressively in lane abusing your dashes to get to her and saving your wall to block her binding. Your lack of a resource bar and downtime will prove too much for her mana and cooldowns to handle.
Tips For Playing Against Lux
- Lux is very vulnerable once she misses her Light binding (Q). Be sure to take advantage of the situation if she does.
- Always be prepared to dodge Lux’s ultimate by sidestepping away from the red line.
- Stay away from blind spots where the Lux can throw out bindings where you can’t see.
- Lux has very low base health and resistances. High-damage spells should be used often in order to zone her and prevent efficient wave-clearing.
- Lux’s passive deals a lot of damage early game, so stay out of her auto-attack range.
- Most Lux’s will build 40% cooldown reduction this lets them pump out heaps of damage in a team fight be sure to focus her and don’t delay an engage or she will continually poke at your whole team.
- Lux has powerful abilities. Try to spread out and attack from different directions so she cannot lock down a specific area.
- When retreating with low health, be prepared to dodge Lux’s . A red targeting beam fires prior to the main beam, so try to move to the side if possible.
By using the champions who counter Lux and the LoL Lux counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Lux players.