I’ve talked about downloading videos to an iPhone in one way or the other. For example, here’s an article on how to save Twitter videos to your iPhone. And, here’s another on how to save Instagram photos.
However, I now want to talk about how you can save YouTube videos to your iPhone. It’s easier than you think. And, before you go looking for an app that lets you save YouTube videos, don’t. None work. Except…
Documents By Readdle
While most YouTube downloaders for iOS don’t work. Here’s one that does. It’s called Documents By Readdle. Here are the steps for downloading YouTube videos:
- Open the App Store on your iPhone or any other iDevice and search for Documents by Readdle.
- Download the app to your device.
- Launch the app and click on the Browser icon (right lower corner of the screen).
- Type “savefromnet” in the search bar and click on the Go
- Now click on savefrom.net from the search results.
Alright. Now that you’ve done that. You need to get the URL of the YouTube video that you wish to download.
Get YouTube Video URL
- Tap the YouTube icon to open the YouTube app on your iPhone.
- Then, search for the video you want to download.
- When the video starts to play, tap on it and you see an arrow in the top right corner.
- Tap on that icon and choose Copy Link from the choices.
- When you click the button, it copies the link copied to your clipboard and you can paste it wherever you want.
- Search for the video you want to download.
- Copy the link from the address bar. (Just tap and hold on the address bar and the Copy option appears)
- Stop the video and go back to the Documents by Readdle.
Save YouTube Video To Your iPhone
- In the Documents by Readdle, tap on the white box and paste the URL (tap and hold for a second and the Paste option appears).
- Click on the drop-down button next do Download to see the different resolution options.
- Choose the resolution you want (for the highest quality select the highest resolution).
- Tap on the Download button and name the video.
- Click on the Save button (or Done on the Keyboard), and the download process starts.
- When the download finishes, your video appears in the Download folder within the Documents menu option of the app.
Save The Video In Video Album
- Tap and hold on the video.
- Then, drag the video to the location you wish to save it.
- For example, move it out of the Downloads folder and drop it on the Back button in the top left corner.
- Tap on the video again and drag it to the Photo Albums, and then to All Photos.
- Finally, your video appears in the Videos Album.
Also, be sure to use a WiFi connection when you try to download a YouTube video to your iPhone. This ensures that you don’t go over your carrier’s data limits.
Save YouTube Videos Using Your Computer
The alternative is to save the YouTube videos on your computer and then transfer them to your iPhone. You can use https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/video-converter or https://pickvideo.net/youtube-video-downloader.
- Open your browser on your PC choice and go to either website above.
- Insert the URL of the YouTube video in the box.
- Choose the format.
- Select Download.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Unlock your iPhone if needed, and allow the permission for Trusted Computer if required.
- Once the video downloads, use iTunes to save the video to your iPhone.