Within the Android Contacts app, you can create groups or labels to organize your contacts. There are three ways that allow you to do so. In this article, we teach you how to create Contact Groups (Labels) on an Android smartphone.
Table of Contents
Create Contact Groups Via Contacts App
- Firstly, open the “Contacts” app.
- Then, tap the “Menu” icon located at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select “Create Label“.
- Type a “Label name” and tap “OK“.
- Then, tap the add person icon. (upper-right corner of the screen.)
- Select a contact to add it to the group/label.
- Do so for each contact you want to add to your group.
However, please note that the above option may not work for all versions of the Contacts app.
Use Contact Editor To Group Contacts
- Launch the “Contacts” app.
- Find a contact you want to add to a group.
- Then, select “Details” > “Edit”.
- Tap “Groups“.
- Then, tap “Create group“.
- Lastly, type a new group name and tap “Create”.
- Do so for each contact you want to add to the group.
Use Google Contacts Online
- Go to Google Contacts using Chrome (or any other browser).
- Select “Create label” in the menu to the left.
- Go to your list of contacts.
- Check the contacts you want to add to the group/label.
- Click the label icon located at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Lastly, choose the label you want to which you want to save those contacts.
Please note that for the above method to work, you must enable synching on your Android device. Read here for more information.
How To Send Texts/Email To Everyone In A Group?
- Firstly, from the “Contacts” app, select a group/label.
- Select the “Menu” icon in the upper-right corner.
- Choose “Send message” or “Send email”.
- Lastly, compose your message and tap send.