OK. So, I just opened a YouTube video. And, I realized that YouTube is very slow on my computer. I asked myself, “why is YouTube so slow?” It reminded me of the time when YouTube videos wouldn’t load. I started to look for fixes.
As anyone else would do, I thought that maybe I had a slow internet connection. But, everything else loaded super fast. It couldn’t be that.
Load YouTube From Different Servers
A quick change in the URL of the YouTube video can help improve playback speed and quality. However, I’m not sure why this works for some users. Perhaps the servers for that specific configuration is closer to them. Here’s what to do.
- Firstly, open the YouTube video you want to watch.
- For example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q3Rg0xKmpM
- Change the www part to ca.
- For example, the URL becomes https://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=9q3Rg0xKmpM
- Hit enter to go to the video.
- It redirects to https://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=CA&v=9q3Rg0xKmpM.
- Do you see the difference?
Is your YouTube video still running slow? Then, here’s another tip that may work for you.
Clear Browser Cache
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Del on your keyboard.
- This launches the “Clear browsing data” window.
- Click on the “Advanced” tab.
- Then, check all the checkboxes.
- Click “Clear browsing data”.
Finally, restart your browser. I suggest opening task manager and ending the application.
Use Different DNS Servers
The best ones are Cloudflare’s 188.8.131.52, Google Public DNS, and OpenDNS. I use the Cloudflare solution. However, you can pick the one with which you feel most comfortable.
I made a list of the fastest DNS servers. So, take a look, learn about them. Choose the one that suits your needs.