YouTube is one of the most popular video sharing websites. There are tons of videos and channels. But, the other day I found one particular channel that I wanted to block.
I asked a buddy of mine if he knew how to block a channel on YouTube. Luckily, he had a pretty good idea of what to do. Here’s what he said.
Table of Contents
How To Block Channels On YouTube
There’s something on YouTube called recommended videos. When you see these video recommendations from the channel you want to block, you have to choose “Not interested”.
- On the video thumbnail of the video recommendation, click the three dots.
- Then, choose “Not interested” from the options.
- Do this for any video you see from that channel.
- After a while, YouTube stops recommending the channel.
I know… It’s not an “easy” way to block a channel. But, it’s a method that works. After all, YouTube does have a “channel blocker” option.
YouTube Video Blocker
A YouTube video blocker is an extension for Chrome, Firefox, or Opera. It’s the most efficient way of completely blocking YouTube channels.
- Open any Firefox, Chrome, or Opera.
- Search the Add-on/Extension store for Video Blocker.
- Choose to add the extension to your browser.
- Go to the YouTube channel that you wish to block.
- Right-click on one of the videos.
- Choose “Block videos from this channel’.
A few words on Video Blocker. When you block a channel, you cannot search for it. It does not show up anywhere. However, you can remove the channel from the block list by:
- Tapping the Video Blocker icon in the top-right corner of your browser.
- Select the Add tab.
- Click on the X next to the channel to unblock.
How To Block Someone On YouTube
However, this does not block their channel. You may use the methods above for this. And, blocking their channel does not block them from interacting with you. For that, you use the below methods to block the YouTube user.
- On YouTube, search for the user you want to block.
- Then, on their channel/profile, click the About section.
- Look for a flag icon and click it.
- Choose “block user” from the options.
- Confirm your choice and that’s it.
- Open the YouTube app.
- Search for the user you want to block.
- Go to their profile/channel page.
- Click the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Choose ”Block user” from the options.
- Confirm your choice.
As I don’t like to rely on extensions, I chose to use option one and option three. I chose the videos that did not interest me and then I block the user. But, you may use any with which you are most comfortable.