With newer iPads, there is no physical switch or button that lets you enable rotation lock or mute your iPad. Still, in two easy steps, you can mute iPad devices whether new or older versions.
How To Mute iPad
- If you iPad runs iOS 12 or above, swipe down from the top right of the screen.
- For all previous iPads running iOS 11 or older, swipe up from the bottom.
- Tap the Mute icon (bell icon), to enable or disable mute. Mute is enabled when the icon is red with a white background.
Much older iPads has a physical switch(on the right side) that you can flip to mute your iPad.
For more help with your iPad or iPhone devices, check out our how-to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to use Cc and Bcc in
- How to force restart iPad Pro
- How to force restart Apple Watch
- How to turn Apple Watch on and off
- How to force quit apps on iPad Pro
- How to find out which Apple TV model you have
- How to get Spotify on Apple Watch
- How to turn off iPad Pro