If your Roku Remote Control Doesn’t Work, then several factors may cause the malfunction. Of course, the most obvious thing to do is check your batteries. The guide assumes you have already ensured the batteries you are using with the remote have power. However, once you checked and you still have problems, here is what you can do.
Resync Roku Remote
- Open the battery cover on the back of the remote.
- Remove the batteries from the controller.
- Unplug the power cord to your Roku box.
- Wait about 10 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the Roku box.
- Wait about 60 seconds, then place the batteries back into the remote.
- Press and hold the small “Pair“/”Sync” button below the battery compartment for about 3 seconds.
- Ensure the remote control is in range of the box. Once the device starts, the remote should re-sync and work again.
Use The Roku Remote Smartphone App
Alternatively, you can ditch the physical remote and use a virtual one on your smartphone. Find one here for Android and the respective iOS version here. Oh, you might want to check out the ten things you can control with your iPhone.
Roku Remote Pairing and Troubleshooting
In this video, learn what to do if your remote is not responding or missing key presses.
Lastly, if you’re having trouble with your Roku, check out our articles like Roku Freezes, Reboots? Here Are The Fixes, How To Soft Reset Roku, How To Hard Reset Roku or How To Turn Off Roku. Also, read how to activate youtube on your Roku.
Question And Answer Section
Why Is My Roku Remote Not Connecting?
If your Roku controller is not connecting, then you ought to check the batteries and resync the remote with your Roku. Here’s what to do,
- Firstly, open the battery compartment and remove the batteries from the remote.
- Then, remove the power cable from the Roku device, wait 5 seconds and then re-connect the power cable.
- When the Roku device displays the home screen, reinsert the batteries into the remote.
- Lastly, press and hold the pairing button inside the remote for 3 seconds or until you see the pairing light in the remote begins to flash.
- However, if the light does not flash, repeat the process.
Why Is The Green Light Flashing On My Roku Remote?
The flashing green light occurs when there is interference and you need to restart your devices. Here’s what to do,
- Power off your Roku.
- Then, turn off your Router.
- Remove the batteries from your Roku remote.
- After 10 seconds, power on all the devices you just turned off.
- Reinsert the batteries into the controller.
- Press and hold the purple button in the battery compartment of the remote for 5 seconds.
- Wait for the Roku to finish booting up.