Is your iPhone screen not working? Is your iPhone screen unresponsive? In this article, we discuss all the ways to troubleshoot and fix your iPhone’s touchscreen display when it stops working or responding.
Why Is My iPhone Screen Unresponsive?
Firstly, unless there is a software issue, the problem usually stems from a displaced digitizer. Hence, the issue can be an issue with the software, hardware, or a mixture both. Luckily, fixing software problems is easier than hardware issues. For this reason, we start with software fixes.
To find the problem, ask yourself, does the screen stop working when you use a particular app? Or, perhaps, the display won’t work when you use more than one app. For the former, simply uninstall the app in question.
- For starters, locate the app on your iPhone’s home screen.
- Press and hold the app icon until all the icons start to shake.
- An “X” ought to appear in the upper-left corner of the icon.
- Tap the “X” and then Delete to remove the app from your iPhone. (Read: How To Delete An App On Any iPhone)
However, for the latter, you have to close all your apps or force a restart.
- Hold down the power button on your iPhone.
- Power off your iPhone when the option appears.
If you cannot use the touchscreen for any of the above for an extended period of time then you may need to hard reset your iPhone using one of the following tutorials:
- Here’s How To Reset iPhone 6
- How To Reset iPhone 7
- Learn How To Reset iPhone 8
- How To Reset iPhone X
My iPhone Screen Won’t Work – Hardware Problem
Did you drop your iPhone recently? Did you drop it in water? Either way, you may have damaged your iPhone’s display or digitizer without knowing. Your best choice is to take your iPhone to an Apple store¹ for analysis and solutions.
Although you can open and try to repair your iPhone yourself, I do not recommend doing so. If you no longer have an Apple warranty, you can take the smartphone to a different repair shop.
You might also like:
- iPhone Battery Yellow? Here’s Why.
- How To Turn Off Siri
- Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G/LTE – Which Uses Most Battery Life?
- Why Does My iPhone Get Hot?
- Here’s What To Do When Your iPhone Won’t Ring
- How To Fix An iPhone Stuck In Headphone Mode
- What’s The Difference Between Amoled Vs Oled Vs LCD?
- iPhone Won’t Charge? Here’s The Fix!
- How Do I Know If My iPhone Is Unlocked
- iPhone Getting Hot? Try These Fixes.
Video: Five Tips To Fix An Unresponsive iPhone Screen
iPhone Screen Not Working Q&A Section
What Do I Do If My iPhone Screen Isn’t Working?
- Press and Hold the Sleep/Off button and the Home button at the same time, keep them pressed until the Apple Logo appears on the screen (ignore the off slider if it appears, just keep the buttons pressed).
- However, if that does not work then try connecting the iPhone to iTunes and do a software restore.
What Would Cause An iPhone Screen To Go Black?
Your iPhone is on, but the screen is black. A black screen is usually caused by a hardware problem with your iPhone, so there usually isn’t a quick fix. However, a software crash can cause your iPhone display to freeze and turn black. It is commonly referred to as the black screen of death.
What Do You Do When Your iPhone Screen Goes Black?
- Firstly, press the “Sleep/Wake” button to turn on the iPhone.
- However, if the screen remains black and you don’t see the red slider, reset the phone.
- To do the reset, press and hold both the “Sleep/Wake” and the “Home” buttons at the same time for at least 10 seconds. When you see the Apple screen, release the buttons.
You might also like:
- How To Fix A MacBook That Won’t Boot Past White Screen
- Why Is My iMessage Not Working? Here’s A Solution
- How To Undisable An iPhone
- Why Is Safari Not Working? Try These Fixes & Solutions
- How To Clear iPhone Cache