Whether you want to reset your iPhone 8 to factory default settings or perform a soft reset that keeps your data, this article teaches you how to do either. A reset is useful if your Apple iPhone 8 locks or freezes and no longer responds. Here’s how to perform both a soft or hard reset.
A soft reset is useful for freezes or when your apps won’t install or download. To soft reset an iPhone 8, do any of the following:
- Press and hold the “Power” button until a red slider appears.
- Drag the slider on the screen.
- Press and hold the “Power“ button until the Apple logo appears.
- Quickly press the “Volume Up“.
- Quickly press the “Volume Down“.
- Hold the Sleep“/”Wake” button until the Apple logo appears.
- Press and hold the “Sleep“/”Wake” and the “Volume Down” buttons (about 10 seconds)
- The Apple Logo should appear and your iOS device restarts automatically. After which your apps should install correctly.
To factory reset iPhone 8 devices (hard reset) is to erase all data on the device. You ought to sync your contacts and other data before doing so. Here’s what to do:
- Go to the Home screen.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Next, choose Reset and select the option “Erase All Content and Settings“.
- A warning appears for you to confirm. Enter your passcode if prompted.
- Tap Erase iPhone.
- Plug in your iPhone 8 to the computer and open iTunes.
- Select your iPhone from the left menu in iTunes.
- Click the Restore button in iTunes.
- Click Restore or Restore and Update to confirm.
- iTunes then downloads, prepares and restores the software on your iPhone 8.
- Connect your APPLE iPhone 8 to the computer.
- Switch off your phone.
- Press and hold the Power button for about 3 seconds.
- Then, press and hold together Volume Down and Power button for about 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release only the Power button.
- An alert by iTunes reads that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode. Once it appears, release Home button.
- Accept all alerts and wait for it t complete operation.