By default, Apple enables location services on the HomePod. In this tutorial, I show you how to disable your HomePod’s location services.
How To Turn Location Services Off On HomePod
- On iPhone or iPad, open the Home app.
- Tap and hold or 3D Touch the HomePod icon for the HomePod for which you want to disable location services.
- Scroll down toward the bottom.
- Toggle Location Services to the Off position.
Although, it’s unclear why HomePod needs to use Location Services, the option to turn it off is available. With the feature disabled, you can rest assured that your iOS device isn’t tracking you.
You can check out some of our other Apple guides or read up on the following hand-selected tutorials:
- How to clean your Apple Watch
- How to change Wi-Fi networks on HomePod
- How to use Do Not Disturb on iPhone
- How to control HomePod audio on iPhone and iPad
- How to change AirDrop settings on iPhone and iPad
- How to use flashlight with iPhone
- How to delete apps on iPhone and iPad