Does your Samsung Galaxy screen register touch input when you are not touching it? It’s not an uncommon issue. However, in most instances, your screen is fine. In this article, we discuss what to do when your Samsung Galaxy screen detects automatic taps. Use the following tips:
How To Fix A Samsung Galaxy Screen That Detects Ghost Tapping
- The first thing you can do is take a cloth and dry the screen. Also, be sure that you dry your hands as well.
- Is your Samsung Galaxy in a protective case? Then, consider using the screen without the case to see if it resolves the issue.
- Are you using a screen protector? Then, try using the Galaxy’s display without the screen protector.
- Also, ensure that you remove all screen covers from the device. This includes the one that ships with the smartphone or tablet.
- Be sure to clean the area surrounding the screen. Is there any dirt or debris in the gap between the device casing and the screen? Then, the screen can register “ghost” tapping.
Did none of the above tips help you? Then, consider performing a factory reset. However, if the factory reset fails to fix the screen issue, then your device has a hardware malfunction and you need to take it to a technician. For further reading, check out what to do when your Samsung Keyboard malfunctions.