Do you ever use the Android Emulator in Android Studio? Then, perhaps you know of the “Waiting for target to come online” error. In this article, we explain what to do when the Android Emulator is stuck.
Use AVD To Stop Emulator
- Firstly, in Android Studio, select “Tools” > “Android” > AVD Manager.
- Then, right-click the emulator in use.
- Then, from the menu, choose “Stop”.
- Lastly, restart the emulator.
- Firstly, within Android Studio, select “Tools” > “Android” > AVD Manager.
- Then., right-click the emulator in use and choose “Wipe Data”.
- Run the emulator again.
MacOS Fix: Exit Docker
Uninstall And Reinstall AVD
- Select “Tools” > “SDK Manager” > “SDK Tools”.
- Then, uncheck Android Emulator.
- Click Apply.
- Once the uninstallation completes, check the “Android Emulator” box again, then select “Apply” to reinstall it.
These are the recommended fixes. Best of luck.